USG Professionals connects the expertise and ambitions of highly educated professionals with the challenges of clients, in six different fields: Engineering, Science, ICT, HR, Legal and Finance. We help our clients with temporary needs (outsourcing) and with the permanent filling of open positions (recruitment).
Are you looking for variation in your job and do you have an affinity with one of our specialist areas? Then this function is also made for you!
Embedded software engineer consultant – Real Time Big Data Project
With increasing competition and move towards more connected vehicles in the car industry, it is imperative that the cars of the future are smarter, more intuitive and shaped by customer feedback.
For this purpose data is being collected from customers' vehicles in the field. Your project is about data capturing, processing and analysis to ensure that all relevant vehicle data is captured and is of the highest quality. It is about optimizing this process and ensuring that full potential of data driven vehicle design and development is achieved. You will be working on the support of an existing hardware setup, creating and validating new configurations prior production deployment.
- Ensure completeness and qulity of the data caturing by optimizing the data flow
- Develop new techniques of data capturing to ensure new use cases can be fulfilled
- Write, test and document embedded software on a specific hardware platform.
- Ensure the code quality of the configurations you produce.
- Ensure E2E functionality of the hardware setup (networking, configuration and code layer)
- Master of Science or equivalent degree in engineering or computer science, with more than 2 years of similar experience in the industry.
- Strong proficiency in C programming language and experience in design, development and debugging of software in embedded platforms.
- Strong linux bash scripting and debugging skills.
- Familiar with Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Proven strong coding, testing skills and embedded software architectural capability.
- Be confident in using Git as a SCM tool.
- Strong understanding and handling of software dependencies.
- Strong analytical, diagnostic and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with embedded debugging methodologies and tools.
- Usage of lab equipment such as: power supplies, oscilloscopes and logic analyzers.
- Experience with CAN Bus protocol stack.
- Understanding of networking protocols and services and small scale topologies.
- Utilization of networking equipment.
- Experience with RISC processor architectures, such as PowerPC is useful to have
- Understanding of UART, SPI and I2C protocols and peripherals is useful to have
- Work experience with Scrum (or another agile framework) teams before is useful to have
- Knowledge about internal combustion engine and Toyota Hybrid System is an asset.
- Traits: strong analytical skills, perseverance, autonomous and the ability to work as part of a team in a hybrid style (office & remote). A tireless problem solver, with intellectual curiosity and the drive to investigate technical facts in-depth, for a spirit to challenge the obvious and the will to explore uncharted territories.
- Ability to communication clearly at all levels, and visually summarise progress.
- Fluent in English. Any other European language is a plus.
- Driving licence holder
You will have the opportunity to be part of a fast-growing company with a clear vision and you will be supported by a team of experts who are ready to achieve the objectives together with you. You will work in a pleasant, positive atmosphere within a strong and professional company. We offer you a training programme tailored to your own pace and ambitions. You will receive a competitive salary package with a lot of extra legal benefits such as a company car, daily allowance, telephone contract, hospitalization insurance, ... As a creative employee, we can also grant you copyright allowances. But above all, we ensure that your future is secure and that you can work with the latest technologies. If you are hesitating between a job as an employee or as a freelancer, we can also guide you so that you can take the step to freelancing in all confidence.
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.