2 of 6Next
You develop and integrate embedded software codes and explore technology breakthroughs for autonomous driving functions.
At Flanders Make, we develop new technologies and new applications for intelligent robots, autonomous vehicles, interconnected machines and human-centred production sites. That's how we make sure our manufacturing companies remain leading within their market. By bringing together knowledge, expertise and competences from companies, universities and other knowledge institutions, we help companies to innovate better and faster.
Embedded Software Engineer Autonomous Driving
In the domain of autonomous systems, we work together with research teams of mechatronic research engineers, software architects & engineers, test engineers, etc., taking up complex challenges in vehicle localisation, path planning, detection & classification of obstacles, data exchange with other vehicles and the environment... As a team, we integrate new intelligent software components for prototype autonomous vehicles, where you take the lead in their real-time implementation.
As an Embedded Software Research Engineer Autonomous Driving, you will:
- Design, develop, prototype, test and verify embedded software codes (C++);
- Develop and use the necessary software for testing, debugging and verifying designs;
- Test the software on prototypes of autonomous vehicles.
This video shows how at Flanders Make technology is being developed for autonomous vehicles, creating and improving autonomous and intelligent options and exploring new possibilities with complex functions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6MM2saI_j0
- A master’s degree (preferably in a relevant discipline such as Electronics – ICT, Software Engineering, Computer Science...);
- At least 3 years of experience in technical embedded software development;
- Good knowledge of software development languages (C, C++, Python);
- Knowledge of the ROS and/or DDS communication protocol is a plus;
- Good knowledge of (embedded) Linux and/or RTOS environments;
- A good overview of the opportunities of new developments in embedded software.
- Inspired by new technologies;
- Result-oriented and work in a structured manner;
- Open source-minded, hands-on in progress;
- Open-minded, a good communicator & open to look at more than one solution.
- A challenging job in which you will work together with experts in various fields and use state-of-the-art infrastructure for autonomous systems, machine & vehicle dynamics, predictive control, data analytics and software prototyping;
- An open company culture with short communication lines;
- A multi-stakeholder research context;
- An enthusiastic, international team.
To apply, please fill in the online application form and upload a motivation letter and cv.
Others also viewed
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
47 days left to apply
- Function type: Application development
- Sector: Science and Research
- Depending on your place of residence or preference, you can work in our offices in Leuven, Lommel or Kortrijk (flexible workplace policy).
- All jobs at Flanders Make vzw
- Master (University or Higher Education Long Type)
- Limited experience (< 2 years)
- Group insurance
- Meal vouchers
- GSM & smartphone
- Family hospital insurance
- Remote work