Director Corporate Development
- Permanent, Full-time
Director Corporate Development
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we pioneer approaches to sustainability that continue to offer customers materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. To achieve this, however, we know we can’t stand still. We know we need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. It’s why we invest so much in research & development. It’s why we push ourselves to tackle increasingly complex challenges. It’s why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed. It’s why we are looking for talented individuals to shape tomorrow by leading the way today. In an environment like this, imagine what you could do?
You manage, prepare and coordinate Mergers & Acquisition (M&A) transactions, strategy reviews and corporate investment files. You communicate with internal Umicore business units as well as outside advisors and ultimately assist and advise the group’s Executive Committee in its decision process. You will also contribute to extend Corporate Development’s role as centre of knowledge and excellence for the group in the field of M&A and valuation expertise. You report to the VP Corporate Development.
What you will be doing
??????Specifically, this will include:
You conduct periodic strategy reviews and contribute to the group’s long term strategic & business planning cycle, including portfolio management. You assist BUs in their strategy questions.
You identify, research and execute external growth opportunities for the Group and its different businesses, including M&A process management and coordination (due diligence, negotiation, etc.).
Upon request, you assist the business units with drafting, reviewing and presenting of organic growth plans.
You provide Group-wide services & advise in the field of project management and valuation.
* You have a master degree and relevant working experience (5 to 10 years) with exposure to industrial activities, processes and technology.
* You are experienced in Strategy and business evaluation, including business plan and financial statements assessment, financial modelling, due diligence and valuation skills.
* You have strategic insight, excellent analytical skills and you are apt to structure and lead complex files and teams.
* As an experienced project manager, you are well organized, stress resistant and you know how to manage tight deadlines.
* You have excellent communication, presentation and inter-personal skills.
* You are a good negotiator and decisive, you are able to attain compromise while defending Umicore’s interests, taking into account process constraints.
* You are a seasoned team player and motivator, both intra Corporate Development and within multi disciplinary process teams
We lead the way. Not just for our customers, but also for our employees.
We foster a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture where we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers.
We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. We reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. That’s what we do. Imagine what you could do?
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- Master (University or Higher Education Long Type)
- 4 April
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Finance' jobs in Brussels straight to your mailbox.