Data Protection Officer
- USG Professionals
- Permanent, Full-time
Data Protection Officer
Our client is looking for a Data Protection Officer.
For a fast growing international company we are looking for a Data Protection Officer. What will you be doing? Reporting to the Heads of Legal bases in Belgium, the DPO monitors and ensures compliance with the GDPR. This function will include the tasks attributed to such role by the GDPR, and the following activities:
- Deploy the GDPR compliance program, by following the recommendations of the group Privacy team, and conveying the Group's compliance doctrine in close collaboration with the Group DPO.
- Draft/documentation of personal data protection procedures and follow-up;
- Update the mapping of personal data processing and develop privacy impact assessments;
- Participate in the launch of cross-cutting projects by ensuring that personal data protection ("privacy by design") is implemented;
- Draft and negotiate data protection agreements with partners/providers/subcontractors and carrying out the necessary due-diligence operations;
- Implementing and (where applicable) designing and running awareness: raising and training programs for our teams and providing support for the dissemination of good practices related to the protection of personal data;
- Follow-up the new case-law and laws applicable in Belgium;
- Ensure the personal data of our customers and employees.
Who are you and what do you have in abundance?
- The perfect candidate will have to take commercially sound decisions with a risk-reward-based approach, working closely with the various teams and management.
- You hold a Master's degree in Law and (preferably) a CIPP-E certificate or the equivalent
- You have approximately 3 years of working experience in data protection, preferably in a company, that processes data on a large scale;
- You are business-oriented, practical, pragmatic and you combine a risk aware working style with a no-nonsense and hardworking attitude;
- You are reliable in meeting target deadlines and able to prioritize and multitask efficiently;
- You are stress-resistant and able to work under pressure;
- You are proficient in office software applications such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
Committed to Making a Difference: When we say we will do something; we deliver with excellence. We are accountable, focused and operate with discipline. Always Innovating: We believe that Innovation can be big or small; it's a continuous state of mind that inspires us to think differently and always make things better. We are risk takers and we learn continuously. Winning as a Team: Our people know that by leveraging one another's strengths, investing in and developing our team's capability and by collaborating well, we will win. With Trust & Responsibility: Operating with integrity is core to our success. We are humble, honest and value deep mastery and expertise. We do the right thing, always. We offer an opportunity with sufficient personal development, a competitive salary package with benefits: company car, meal & eco vouchers, bonus system, insurance, homework.
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- Master (University or Higher Education Long Type)
- At least 2 years experience
- Dutch, English
- 29 June
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Law' jobs in Brussels straight to your mailbox.