Country Risk Analyst
- Permanent, Full-time
Country Risk Analyst
As a country risk analyst at the Risk Management department you determine and follow the acceptance policy towards countries belonging to a particular geographic zone in order to be able to offer clients a competitive cover policy in the framework of a financial balance for Credendo and to reinforce the company's image by giving information on this policy, both internally and externally. Moreover, you enhance the credit risk models in order to assess the different risk drivers with which Credendo is confronted when underwriting business.You will enhance and maintain the credit risk assessment models in order to assess the different risk drivers (country, trade sector and debtor risks) with which Credendo is confronted when underwriting business.
- You will determine and ensure the follow-up of the acceptance policy on countries belonging to a particular geographic zone wherein risks are insured.
- You will process, analyse and interpret mostly quantified information, but also qualitative information (such as the macroeconomic environment, international commodity markets, political events and geopolitical developments).
- You will interpret the results from existing risk assessment models and convert them into acceptance policy proposals for the Credendo ECA’s Board of Directors and its management committees.
- You will contribute to the management of the country risk model of the OECD's export credit agencies and defending the Belgian position within a group of OECD country experts by convincing Credendo ECA’s/Belgium's international risk assessing peers when determining the minimal premium classification for each country.
- You will provide the public with information and clarifications on country risks and on the acceptance policy and you will explain the different risks in the media
- You will provide internal Credendo clients with information, give advices and suggest solutions for ad hoc complex questions.
- You will be part of the Risk management team and you will report to the Country & Sector Risk Manager.
- You hold a master's degree in (pure) economics or business engineering with a profound training in statistical modelling.
- Proficiency with R or Python is required
- You have strong analytical skills and you are able to put things in a broader context
- You have a strong interest in international economic and financial news and geopolitics.
- You are able to formulate substantiated proposals and to defend them to the appropriate target audience.
- You are result-oriented, you work autonomously but show also team spirit.
- You have a good command (both verbal and written) of English and Dutch or French.
- A full-time permanent contract in a stable, multilingual and international environment.
- A job with many social contacts and variety.
- Continuous learning opportunities to develop your talents.
- An attractive salary supplemented by a number of fringe benefits (meal vouchers, hospitalisation insurance, extralegal pension, etc.).
- Our Belgian offices are located in the centre of Brussels, easily accessible by public transport.
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- Master (University or Higher Education Long Type)
- Limited experience (< 2 years)
- Dutch, English, French
- 21 August
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Scientist, Statistician' jobs in Brussels straight to your mailbox.