- Western Flanders
- Permanent, Full-time
- Are you interested in technical regulations and product compliance?
- Do you have a first experience as compliance engineer or in R&D?
- Would you like to be an expert in your field?
- Do you like having several internal and external contacts?
- Would you like to have an important responsibility in product development?
Daikin Europe N.V. (DENV) is a multinational and leading manufacturer and supplier of HVAC-R (heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration) equipment. They provide innovative, premium quality indoor climate management solutions to meet the changing needs of residential, commercial and industrial customers. Today, the Daikin Europe Group boasts a powerful sales network of 17 affiliate companies, 4 sales offices and an entire network of independent distributors and sales contracts in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
The compliance team of DENV supports the business to ensure zero liability pertaining to regulatory compliance, in a timely, reliable and cost-effective manner. They drive various compliance projects throughout the EMEA region, coordinating and advising the development centres in Belgium, Germany, Turkey and Czech Republic.
They uphold the internal process to ensure all compliance considerations are incorporated in the product categories and are responsible for researching requirements in different fields and more specific disciplines (PED, EMC, safety, environment, ecodesign..).
As Compliance Engineer, you divide your time and attention between technical, informative, administrative work (research, analysis, reporting) and communicating and consulting internally with the local development teams and externally with the development centres of Daikin in the EMEA region, the HQ in Japan and the governmental consultants.
- Work productively with the rest of the compliance team and other departments (development engineers, sales, legal) to ensure that parts and products are compliant with legal regulations and requirements through the product development process.
- Monitor regulations and advisory bulletins to understand the impacts to compliance of the product and determine appropriate compliance approach.
- Capture and maintain the company's compliance and requirements documentation, standard references, testing, declaration and certifications within the records management systems to ensure accuracy, completeness and security of the administration of compliance related documents.
- Write technical assessments and summary reports of findings.
- Assist external audits to prove the products are compliant with the legislation.
- Arrange product testing with external testing laboratories.
- Support the Compliance team in the development of common (best) practices.
- Develop procedures and training for compliance with new or existing regulations.
- You obtained a Master degree in engineering (preferably with good knowledge of thermodynamics).
- You are able to analyse date and information and extract relevant factors.
- You have strong organisation and project management skills, also documentation abilities.
- You are an excellent problem solver and able to track and resolve issues.
- You have the ability to work with ambiguities.
- You are a multitasker and shift among multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English. Knowledge of another European language is an asset.
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together and develop.
They can offer you a permanent contract. From the very beginning, you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefits.
Sales & Recruitment Consultant
Pauline Van Pottelsberghelaan 12
tel: 09 259 12 12
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- Secondary education
- 17 May
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Law' jobs straight to your mailbox.