3 of 4Next
In 1935 AVIABEL was created as an independent insurance company, specialised in aviation insurance. Since then, AVIABEL has grown substantially to become a well-established and respected worldwide market player in this field and recently merged with the multinational specialty insurer AXIS CAPITAL.
Located in the heart of Europe, with offices underwriting aviation in Brussels, London, and Amsterdam, AVIABEL offers highly professional answers for a world in motion. Fully dedicated to all lines of aerospace and related risks, AVIABEL has developed a large general aviation book of business and is committed to providing specific and tailor-made cover for aerospace clients who include aircraft operators, airlines, pilots, flying schools, aviation industry manufacturers and airport operators.
AVIABEL’s financial strength enables it to provide first-class security to clients throughout the aerospace industry, by means of direct insurance, coinsurance and reinsurance.
Staffed by a team of aviation insurance and reinsurance experts, AVIABEL’s priority is to offer a quality service and to immediately fulfil customer and producer expectations.
For more information on our company, please visit www.aviabel.com and www.axiscapital.com.
AVIABEL’s claims department handles claims from all over the world. As a claims handler, you will focus specifically on claims relating to clients from the Benelux, France, Germany, Spain, Italy and Latin America.
Upon joining, you will receive extensive on the job training in the area of aviation insurance and reinsurance and more specifically with regards to the handling of claims from our clients.
You will be responsible for the management and administration of new and outstanding claim files in cooperation with the Claims and Underwriting teams which includes i.a. the following tasks:
- Analysing new and outstanding LIABILITY (General liability, Passenger liability, Product liability), HULL, PERSONAL ACCIDENT claims
- Ensuring the timely resolution of claims in coordination with internal and external parties
- Verifying and analysing expert and legal reports
- Maintaining, updating and following-up on claims files
- Pro-actively communicating developments and outcomes to all key internal and external stakeholders
- Initiating claims payment
- Ensuring overall satisfaction of the broker and client and a fair claim settlement
Reports to: Head of legal and claims
Other key relationships: Members of the Claims department
Members of the Underwriting department
Members of the Operations department
Clients and Brokers
Loss adjusters, medical experts
- Education: Master in Law (preferred)
- Career level:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a claims department (non-life) or in a relevant practice in a law firm
- Experience with complex liability claims is desirable
- Experience with compliance is a plus
- Languages: CEFR Level C – oral / written – Dutch, French and English . Knowledge of German and any other language would be an asset
- Given our nice business in aviation insurance, a strong interest in aviation – and the willingness to learn about the sector – is essential
- Functional knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Able to present arguments briefly, precisely and clearly
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Able to prioritise & be organised
- Able to manage peaks of activity
- Able to contribute to or to lead projects
- Enjoys working in a team
- Enjoys a multicultural environment
This address could not be found.
We could not find a route between the two addresses.
Others also viewed
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
42 days left to apply
- Function type: Damage manager
- Sector: Finances and insurance
- Elsene (location)
- All jobs at Aviabel
- Master (University or Higher Education Long Type)
- At least 2 years experience
- Dutch, English, French, German