Big Data Platform Engineer
- USG Professionals
- Permanent, Full-time
Big Data Platform Engineer
Are you looking for an employer to guide your ICT skills in the right direction? Are you impatient to let your dynamism and ambition bear fruit in difficult projects? This is what we offer you at USG ICT, because we make the most of your knowledge and skills. Your mission: to carry out various missions and thus strengthen the results of our customers. Freelancers are also welcome !!!
- As a platform engineer, you are responsible for the engineering, integration and maintenance of the big data platform. The focus is on technology/infrastructure services, not the usage and development methodologies that use the Big Data platform. The latter is handled by data engineering teams with which you will be working closely.
- You help to design the platform and the required services with focus on security, maintainability, flexibility, efficiency in a cost-efficient manner.
- You work together with architects and analysts to come to a proper architectural design and solution
- You ensure that the services are correctly deployed and maintained across the various quality environments, and that this maintenance and support can be done by operations team.
- To accomplish this, you develop the right set of documentation (user, administration and expert documentation) and ensure handover and information sessions to colleagues as well as to core stakeholders.
- Most importantly, you embrace the challenges related to container platform, hybrid cloud, multi cloud etc. A strong will to learn new technologies, services and concepts. You can swiftly adapt based on changing requirements and dare to challenge previous decisions.
- Have an analytical mindset to select and apply the right technological service to solve problems. You can decompose complex problems and move on to simple, straight-forward solutions.
- You will be expected to strive for excellence, continuously improving services and their behavior (including performance), but also to continuously deliver new functionalities. As such, you will need to prioritize workload and tasks and assist product owners and other stakeholders to make the right decision.
- You are expected to work with a high degree of autonomy. While this increases efficiency, it also requires the team to know when to seek guidance and learn more from requirements (policies and standards) and processes. Self-direction and self-reflection are vital skills to have.
- The platform has an affinity with open sources software components, and how to responsibly integrate and use those technologies within the broader enterprise context. Security aspects and manageability concerns are a continuous focal point.
- You are expected to work with operational teams to investigate/solve the L3 incidents along with the vendors
- You should have experience in deploying, maintaining and monitoring robust Big Data Platforms.
- You should have hands-on experience in deploying/managing Hadoop Cloudera stack (HBASE, Hive, Impala, Kudu, Yarn, Spark 2, Zookeeper, Atlas, Ranger.)
- You should have hand-on experience in deploying/managing services like Kafka, NiFi…
- You should have scripting experience in Ansible, Python & Bash
- Working experience in RedHat/Centos 7.x and above
- Experience with Agile way of working is a plus
- Experience in deploying/managing OpenShift container platform will give you an edge
- Experience in developing/deploying CI/CD pipelines/process automation (Jenkins, GitOPS) is a plus
Talent must be pampered. That is why we not only offer you a permanent contract of indefinite duration in exchange for your knowledge and commitment. We also act as your career planner and look for the best opportunities, training and growth opportunities for you. In addition to your competitive salary, you will receive a lot of fringe benefits (daily allowance, group and hospitalization insurance, company car, ...). Are you a freelancer? Of course you are also eligible and will receive a competitive rate.
The job was saved
You can find your saved jobs on the homepage or in My Jobat.
To view them on other devices as well, just log in.
- Professional bachelor (Higher Education Short Type)
- At least 5 years experience
- 4 March
Receive jobs by e-mail
Receive new 'Application development' jobs in Antwerp straight to your mailbox.