Do you want to be a part of an ambitious international organisation working for the promotion of free trade and economic integration? The European Free Trade Association (EFTA) offers the opportunity for a motivated and highly skilled professional to join the EEA Coordination Division in Brussels.
EFTA is an intergovernmental organisation working for the promotion of free trade and economic integration to the benefit of its four Member States; Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland. The EFTA Secretariat provides services to the EFTA States and has offices in Geneva, Brussels and Luxemburg. The Headquarters in Geneva services the EFTA Council and provides services for policy development, negotiations and implementation of free trade and cooperation agreements with countries outside the European Union. The Brussels office supports the management of the EEA Agreement and assists the Member States in the elaboration of input to EU decision-making. EFTA’s Luxembourg office contributes to the development of the European Statistical system.
Administrative Coordinator – Translation and Publication
The EEA Coordination Division consists of currently 17 staff members and is responsible for the overall coordination of general policy and legal EEA related activities, i.a. servicing the EEA Council, the EEA Joint Committee, the Standing Committee of the EFTA States, and the EFTA Parliamentary and Consultative Committees. Broadly speaking, the tasks of ECD are divided into policy coordination; EEA legal services; and translation, editing and publication. We are looking for a highly motivated Administrative Coordinator to join our Translation and Publication team.The successful applicant will:
Other tasks may also be assigned to the candidate related to incorporation of EU legal acts into the EEA Agreement.
- Be responsible for the monitoring and updating of the legal acts register and the forwarding of these acts externally for formatting/layout via a Sharepoint-based communication platform
- Be responsible for the rapid and accurate production and dispatch of correspondence and emails to contacts in the EFTA States and the layout provider
- Assist in the preparation and publication of legal acts. This includes being responsible for receiving translated legal acts from the Member States, registering and archiving them internally, and forwarding the finalised acts to the layout provider for publication
- Maintain documentation of procedures and processes
- Assist with other administrative tasks of the translation and publication team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, enthusiastic, highly motivated and able to take initiative;
- Relevant experience of administrative tasks;
- Experience of working with MS Office and excellent knowledge of Sharepoint;
- Self-reliance, autonomy and a proactive approach;
- Highly organised, structured and detail oriented;
- Ability to cooperate closely and constructively in an international team;
- Ability to work under pressure, to find solutions and to meet deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy;
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of the EEA Agreement, the EU structure and EU decision-making in general;
- Strong IT skills.
EFTA has a dynamic and diverse work environment with the opportunity to work in a team of highly qualified people. Here you will be part of an organisation based on professionalism, cooperation, trust, responsibility and respect. EFTA also offers:
Grade: B4 Annual salary: EUR 49,371 Appointments are normally made at the first step of the grade. The Secretary-General reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a level different from that advertised. Through its recruitment policy, the EFTA Secretariat wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture. EFTA is an international organisation and the salaries and related payments are normally exempt from income taxation by the EFTA Member States and in the host states of the EFTA duty stations. Depending on the candidate’s family status, benefits and allowances may apply.
- International career and learning opportunities.
- An inclusive environment with high regard for cultural differences.
- Competitive benefit package (salaries are normally exempt from income taxation; additional benefits and allowances may apply).
This position is open to nationals of all the EFTA (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland) and EU Member States.
Applicants must apply via the EFTA e-recruitment tool: https://jobs.efta.int/home.html
Please note that only applications received via our web tool will be considered.
For further information on this post, please contact:
Mr Kjell Leifsen, Head of Translation and Publication, email@example.com, tel. +32 2 28 61 721
Ms Inga Hanna Gudmundsdottir, Head of HR, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. Show number+32 2 286 17 06
HR Support, HR.email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 16 April 2023