Norton Rose Fulbright is a global law firm. We provide the world’s preeminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service. We have more than 4000 lawyers and other legal staff working across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East.
Recognized for our industry focus, we are strong across all the key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Wherever we are, we operate in accordance with our global business principles of quality, unity and integrity. We aim to provide the highest possible standard of legal service in each of our offices and to maintain that level of quality at every point of contact.
Norton Rose Fulbright Verein, a Swiss verein, helps coordinate the activities of Norton Rose Fulbright members but does not itself provide legal services to clients. Norton Rose Fulbright has offices in more than 50 cities worldwide, including London, Houston, New York, Toronto, Mexico City, Hong Kong, Sydney and Johannesburg.
Law around the world
Administrative Assistant (Part-time / full-time)
The Brussels office of Norton Rose Fulbright is located in the European District. Our team (<30 people) work together in a collaborative and friendly atmosphere. Furthermore, our work environment has an international feel as Norton Rose Fulbright has a global network of offices in over 50 cities. We work in particularly close cooperation with the London office.The Role
As part of our high-performance culture, the ideal candidate for this role is organised, proactive and team oriented. The successful candidate will execute the day-to-day administration and office support for the team, as described below, working closely with our two Legal Secretaries and with the Office Manager.
This is a permanent role. We are open to both part-time (minimum 22,5 hours per week) and full-time schedules (37.5 hours per week), with a daily schedule from 9:30 to 18:00, although some flexibility may be required from time to time.Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Answering the telephone and transferring calls.
- Welcoming guests.
- Preparing meetings, including booking meeting rooms, arranging food and beverages, setting up video/audio and other equipment, etc.
- Planning large meetings and events with catering.
- Keeping our client area presentable and tidy.
- Liaising with our travel agent for booking transport and accommodation in accordance with the Firm’s Travel policy and preparing itineraries.
- Ordering courier services and taxis.
- Assisting in office management tasks: reception of providers, ordering supplies, keeping inventories up to date; archiving, sending, and retrieving archives from our storage service provider, etc.
- Processing of Expense Claims (for travel and other expenses made).
- Assisting lawyers with the submission of training certificates on the Brussels Bars’ platforms.
- Keeping lists of contacts up to date.
- Printing, scanning, and binding of documents.
- Fluent English – mandatory.
- Highly proficient in either French or Dutch (fluency in Dutch is a big plus!)
- Two to three years of experience in an administrative/secretarial role.
- Postsecondary education, ideally in office administration, executive assistant or similar.
- Ability to take ownership and be proactive.
- Problem solving mindset.
- Ability to organise, multitask and prioritise.
- Proficient in Microsoft Pack (Word/Excel/ PowerPoint/Outlook).
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Honesty, trustworthiness, and respect.
Individual hospital insurance
Diversity and Inclusion
- Competitive salary.
- Excellent benefits package, including meal vouchers, pension group and hospitalization insurance.
- The possibility of working from home one to two days per week (ultimately in line with business needs, and depending on work schedule).
- In-house training on the firm’s tools.
- A fun and dynamic work environment – including regular out of hours activities!
At Norton Rose Fulbright we value difference and promote a culture of respect for each individual. We encourage workforce diversity in all aspects and at all levels and in doing so create an environment where everyone can realise their full potential and career ambitions on the basis of merit and skill.