Schepens NV (www.schepenscompany.com), located in Lummen, has been active in the concrete industry for 6 decades. They offer their customers a wide range of high quality, self-developed release- and protection oils, but also concrete additives and colour pigments are part of their range. In order to respond as effectively as possible to the needs of their customers, Schepens NV has its own high-tech laboratory that ensures a comprehensive quality control of incoming raw materials and products and is responsible for the research and development of new products. Health, environment, and safety are always central to this process. In order to support their professional operations in the long term, we are looking for an: Account Manager Export
Account Manager Export
- You are the first point of contact for all export customers (mainly Europe, but also US, Africa).
- You maintain the existing customer portfolio and expand it through active prospection, focusing on building lasting partnerships.
- You detect needs, provide advice, and propose appropriate solutions in order to create a positive customer experience.
- You know how to translate relevant market information to the internal stakeholders with whom you work closely (such as R&D).
- You supervise practical tests at the customer and/or prospect.
- You are responsible for the negotiation process; you make offers and conclude contracts.
- You follow developments in the field closely and keep your knowledge up to date.
- When necessary, you provide support to colleagues (e.g., regarding transport), you report directly to the manager.
- You have a higher degree, and you can present at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Either you have sales experience, and you are willing to further your education in concrete.
- Or you have experience in the concrete/construction sector and are willing to take on a commercial role.
- Commercial feeling and passion are necessary.
- You are a relationship builder, but also a door opener. You know how to detect and respond to customer needs. Your work is solution oriented.
- Furthermore, you are convincing in your communication, and you know how to successfully deal with decision makers in various contexts.
- As a person you are pragmatic and hands-on and qualities like flexibility, openness and collegiality characterize you.
- You have an excellent knowledge of (Dutch and) English. The ability to express yourself fluently in German and/or French would be a nice asset.
- You are willing to travel abroad on a regular basis (on average 1 in 3 weeks).
You will be working in a dynamic SME with an enthusiastic team, characterized by short lines of communication. An exciting international job with the necessary responsibilities and initiative. An attractive remuneration package is provided based on experience, including a company car.