The “IT Field engineer” responsibilities include various tasks within ICT Operations.
Supporting a broad range of endpoints in office, warehouse, industrial and outdoor environments. Installing and reconfiguration of devices based on different platforms like Windows, Android, Linux or custom manufacturer build data capturing devices.
The Field engineer will become a familiar face to our customers. Someone who is dedicated to helping and solve the problem.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow up of service desk Tasks on a daily basis.
- Provides the “Second line” technical support.
- Contacts customer or incident creator if more information is required and keeps a good informal relationship with 1st line service desk engineers.
- Preparing, installing, testing and delivering a broad range of endpoints.
- Responsible for a very accurate administration of device states.
- (status adjustment: Operational/stock/repair…).
- Assists in researching and optimizing current in house devices and keeping devices up to date.
- Assists with in depth technical troubleshooting and bug fixing and creating knowledge documentation in SharePoint environment.
- Attends in house and manufacturer device specialist training sessions.
- Escalates to Team leader if no solution is currently available.
- In the end, responsible to provide the best overall IT support for the customers.