The Business Development Officer reports to the Head of Business Development located in Belgium. The Business Development Officer sits within the Business Development Team and works closely with lawyers of one or more practice groups. The successful candidate will operate from the Brussels office and will be available for some limited travel abroad.
The role encompasses three key areas of responsibility:
1. Business Development
- You draft pitches for new business opportunities (proposals, presentations, pricing).
- You acquire knowledge of the firm's client portfolio in order to be able to identify new opportunities.
- You help lawyers develop and monitor client relationships and are involved in client-relationship meetings.
- You become your lawyers' trusted advisor and are able to challenge them on client-related initiatives.
- You are responsible for knowledge management regarding prospects and clients (data collection and reporting).
2. Marketing activities
- You support the organisation of events and seminars, with the help of other departments and external providers.
- You participate in internal and external communication projects (both national and international).
- You support the update of marketing materials such as brochures, newsletters and flyers.