ASCO, a privately owned and independent Belgian company, began operations as a private subcontractor in 1954. The aeronautics division started in 1979 and is currently the only group activity. Today ASCO Industries is engaged in a broad range of development, engineering, manufacturing and assembly activities providing multidisciplinary subcontracting services to various markets and aerospace programs around the world.
Asco operates from four locations, Belgium, Canada, Germany and the United States of America with over 1,400 employees and a turnover exceeding 250 million euros. Asco produces over 2,500 assemblies every month and has the ambition to be a world leader in design and manufacture of high lift devices, complex mechanical assemblies and major functional components for the aerospace industry
Industrialisation Quality Assurance Engineer
The fixture shop coordinator is responsible to coordinate the entire process flow of the manufacturing of tooling used at ASCO in order to deliver fixture for manufacturing and assembly of high precision aircraft components. 1. Fixture Manufacturing request analyzePerform the first analyze of fixture manufacturing requests to choose between make or buy decision.
2. Fixture Manufacturing follow upTake the lead to follow the fixture manufacturing to ensure quality and “On Time Delivery”.
- Lead the make/buy decision for the fixture manufacturing involving fixture shop supervisor and fixture buyer (criteria: feasibility, lead time and cost)
- Transfer or split request to fixture buyer or fixture shop supervisor according to the make/buy decision and create schedule
3. Fixture Knowledge managementManage the database of fixture and supplier follow up to ensure solution on fixture manufacturing issue.
- Keep up to date the schedule and ensure a good communication to internal customers
- Ensure the quality of fixture by coordinate inspection (in supplier/fixture shop/internal QC/production) and the shipping/reception of fixtures or components to/from supplier
- Participate at supplier selections and audits
- Manage the Asco fixture database (active and non-active) and initiate periodical controls
- Keep up to date the KPI of the fixture manufacturing in term of quality, on time delivery and cost and define and implement actions to reach KPI target.
Education: Bachelor or Industrial Engineer (Master in Engineering) - or equal by experienceLanguages: Preferable good knowledge of Dutch, French and EnglishSkills / Experience:
- min 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Structured work habits and documentation skills
- IT knowledge: Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), CATIA V5 is a plus
- Machining technology knowledge
Asco offers a position in a professional and exciting environment with a unique training policy and opportunities to develop yourself. Besides this we offer an interesting salary package with extralegal advantages.