Responsible for maintaining electrical infrastructure spread across the Embassy Compound. The Industrial Electrician performs hands-on journeyman level duties on European and US models of sophisticated building systems and equipment. The Industrial Electrician is the electrical representative on the five-member Office Building Maintenance Team (OBMT).
The Industrial Electrician follows the guidance given by the OBMT foreman and uses the manufactures maintenance guidelines (French or Dutch and English) to carry out all types of inspections, calibrations and cleaning functions. Utilizes hand tools and test equipment such as volt/ohm meters, meggers, amp meters and thermal imagers to test and evaluate medium voltage switch gear, main power distribution panels, transformers, power factor correction systems, electrical distribution panels, branch circuit boxes and associated wiring to ensure they are dependable, safe and operating at peak efficiency.
Draft and submits Statement of Work (SOW) and construction documents for repairs, renovations and new construction projects. Monitor contractor performance and assists in developing punch lists, testing criteria, and inspection procedures to determine if deliverables meet the terms and conditions of the contract. Works with other US Embassy personnel to complete in-house improvement projects. Assists in the development and implementation of a comprehensive preventive maintenance program for the electrical infrastructure.
Responsible for conducting administrative duties such as maintaining equipment log books, preventive maintenance schedules, scheduling tracking and reconciliation of work orders. Once the Industrial Electrician completes a task, is responsible for obtaining the necessary information to fill out the Global Maintenance Management System (GMMS) work order.
1. Education: High school degree and technical training as an electrician.
2. Experience: At least three years of journeyman level experience in the industrial electrician field.
3. Language Requirements: Level III English and Level III Dutch or French.
4. Job Knowledge: Thorough knowledge of the Electrician trade at a journeyman level. Basic computer skills to include the Microsoft software suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
5. Skills and Abilities: Must have the ability to perform most tasks with minimal supervision. Must be able to read and understand drawings and technical manuals. Must have a valid class “B” driver’s license. Must be able to lift 70 pounds.
EURO 2,580 – 3,410 gross/month