Co-Design the integrated system that will manage our accelerator
- Co-Design the BOP systems of the 100 MeV Accelerator
- Work in multi-disciplinary teams
- Master’s degree in Engineering (Electrical/Electro-Mechanical) required
- International project with very ambitious goals
Make your mark as I&C specialist
You will find your challenges in design:
- Take on quickly the current design status of the 100 MeV Accelerator and the BOP systems and components with specific emphasis on the BOP I&C requirements for the Accelerator, the Proton Target Facility (PTF) and the Fusion Target Station (FTS).
- Support other disciplines such as Mechanical, Electrical, Fire, HVAC, Safety, Remote Handling Equipment, etc.
- Develop, together with other SCK•CEN’s teams, the design of the Global Architecture as an integrated system that will manage the Accelerator, BOP’s Systems, PTF and FTS.
- Specify, the development of the conceptual design of the 100 MeV Control Centre (CR), define the I&C related interfaces between the different sub-systems and coordinate and follow up all phases of the CR design and construction;
You will be challenged to work with your hands and mind:
- Set up the I&C interfaces between the different parts of the facility: Accelerator, PTF, FTS and BOP
- Specify the Access control system and the radiation monitoring system and integrate the relevant I&C interfaces in the CR design;
- Define and elaborate I&C philosophies for the BOP systems in cooperation with the BOP process engineers and cooperate in the design of the global Balance of Plant (BOP)
You will never feel alone:
- Participate, together with the other disciplines, in the safety analysis lead by the safety team
- Coordinate and follow up the external engineering companies that execute the design and calculations. Review and approve the external engineering companies technical documentation
- Follow up the compliance of the design with the technical requirements and applicable standards in terms of functionality, safety, cost, time frame, quality, reliability and performance
- Participate in the validation process: FAT, SAT, Qualification Test.
- Draft the technical procurement files for the hiring of an external engineering company that will develop the basic and detailed design of the PTF and FTS, in-line with the procurement that is currently being finalized for the hiring of an engineering company for the accelerator
- Follow-up the external engineering companies during the basic and detailed design phases
- Follow-up the construction and commissioning of the installation;