Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
Group Railcars Fleet Category Manager (m/f)
The Group searches for Total Petrochemicals & Refining S.A. a Group Railcars Fleet Category Manager (m/f) :
Your tasks :
* Making sure, at all time, of the full compliance of the rail tank cars with HSE requirements related to the transport of dangerous goods.
* Develop and maintain the required expertise to become the technical reference mastering all related aspects of the rail tank cars and their usage.
Commercial management of the fleet :
- continuously evaluate the Branches needs as well as their different Business Units,
- follow up of the rail tank cars market,
- follow up of the contracts renewal/termination notices,
- negotiation of spots and short term contracts, * Prepare and conduct tenders for the long term contracts renewal, develop and implement the strategy to optimize the quality, reliability and total cost of the fleet.
Technical management of the Refining & Chemicals rail tank cars fleet :
- follow up and manage the regulatory and technical evolutions (RID),
- schedule and optimize the regulatory maintenance over the years,
- manage accidental repairs (cost and timing control),
- follow up of rail tank cars idle time in the workshops (duration and repair quality), manage
all compatibility issues (connections, valves, inner coating, …) on Total sites as well as on
those of Third Parties using our rail tank cars,
- define technical scope of the required modifications imposed by Group requirements or by
the modernization of the loading/unloading spots. * Regularly evaluate rail tank cars owners and maintenance workshops to continuously improve the fleet
* Bac + 4 with professional experience ( 8 to 10 years ) on rolling stock (rail/road) with strong technical background (knowledge in Dangerous Goods Transport regulations would be appreciated) - Profile Industrial Engineer with a specialty in Chemical or mechanical science
* Mandatory fluent in German, both spoken and written
* Extremely rigorous, organization and planning skills, large autonomy, able to delegate and team work. Customer minded (internal and external)
* Fluent in French and English (frequent trips in Europe, technical meetings …) and knowledge in SAP
* The possibility of taking part in projects of great scale and taking responsibilities in a group of world size, which applies the advanced technology.
* An evolution of attractive career allowing to immerse you in a new job, a new activity and a new culture.
* A continuing education. Competitive wages and a broad range of extra-legal advantages.