The Boortmalt Group (www.boortmalt.com) is a fully owned subsidiary of Axéréal, Europe’s largest grain cooperative. The company is one of the largest industrial malts producers in the world and employs 300 people. From 10 locations in Europe, Boortmalt produces 1.1 million tons of malt per year, of which 50% is exported to developing markets outside of Europe. In addition, approximately 50% of the total European malt export passes through the Port of Antwerp, making Antwerp the malt capital of Europe, and Boortmalt its logistic heart. The customers are large international brewers and distillers as well as smaller local breweries all over the world. To support their ambitious plans to grow, Boortmalt is looking for a:
Group Deputy CFO
Set-up of a management information system to support the business decisions
- You will drive improvements in the controlling activities and will develop/implement common financial analyses.
- You will build on the existing management P&L accounts to include consolidated financial results analysis and commentary for all elements of the P&L.
- You will establish and lead the process for a consolidated balance sheet forecast, in particular working capital and net debt.
- You will coach the chief accountants of Ireland, Hungary and Croatia in the preparation of controlling and financial analysis.
- You will be the link to the parent company controlling department on the related financial matters. You will lead the preparation of the financial content of the Board of Directors meetings.
- You will be the direct line manager of the Group Controller. You will report to the Boortmalt group CFO and you establish a strong internal and external network with the stakeholders.
Business oriented approach – Leadership – Communication skills
- You have a Master’s degree in Finance with at least 15 years’ related financial leadership experience, including budgeting, forecasting, planning and analysis in an international manufacturing environment.
- You have an analytical mindset. You are discrete, flexible and proactive with the ability to plan, implement, and administer financial information. You have knowledge of the principles, processes, and standards for integrated financial analysis and reporting.
- You have excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills in English. You are proficient in French, at least orally. Knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
- You have an excellent knowledge of MS Office. Knowledge of JD Edwards is an advantage.
A bright future within an ambitious and solid organisation
- Boortmalt is a global player with an excellent reputation, known for its expertise and its high quality products and services.
- You will be working in a straightforward company culture where autonomy and sense of initiative are recognized and stimulated. You will get the opportunity to apply your personal approach to the way of working and focus of the job.
- You can count on the cooperation and the full support of a management that encourages the personal development of its employees.