You might know us for example as a supplier of steel cord products for tire reinforcement - 30% of all tires in the world are reinforced with Bekaert products. Or maybe you know our Dramix® steel fibers, used to reinforce over five million cubic meters of concrete every year.
But we also offer a very wide range of advanced steel wire products for other applications and to many sectors. You can find Bekaert products in cars and trucks, in elevators and mines, in tunnels and bridges, at home and in the office, in machines and offshore. If it drives, ascends, hoists, filters, reinforces or fastens, there is a good chance Bekaert is inside.
Currently we are looking for a Global Operations Manager Bekaert Fiber Technologies.
The role of the Global Operations Manager Bekaert Fiber Technologies is:
- To manage the global supply chain and operations of 4 plants and the global subcontractor network in order to meet the customers quality/delivery requirements at planned profitability.
- To lead/coach a multicultural team in operations and quality/process, in order to achieve the SQDC KPI’s and continuous improvements in each BFT plant.
- To take up the role of Plant Manager for our Zwevegem plants.
- To lead the breakthrough improvements in the Global BFT Operations.
- To contribute to the Global BFT business strategy and long term plan.
- To define and deploy the Global Manufacturing strategy and footprint.
To achieve this you will be responsible to:
- Contribute to the long-term business strategy and define the manufacturing strategy of the BU.
- Communicate and promote the BFT strategy in the organization.
- Manage the global supply chain and operations of 4 plants worldwide and a global subcontractor network.
- Lead, motivate, coach a multicultural team of Plant Managers and contribute to the development of your global team.
- Deploy and follow-up the capex investment program.
- Ensure awareness of customer requirements in the global BFT organization.
- Participate and be part of the BFT Leadership team.
- Develop and deploy a no-harm-to-anyone safety culture within all BFT plants.