Within the complex international distribution environment with a wide variety of service models, we are looking for a Global NLS Manager. NLS (Nike Logistics System) is the logistics answer that Nike is developing to remain competitive in a rapidly changing market. As Global NLS Manager, you will work together with the Geo’s (Distribution, Planning,…) on building capabilities linked with their NLS transformation plan. You’ll help them develop a culture of continuous improvement in which the knowledge and skills of all employees are used to solve problems and implement improvements. The Global NLS manager reports directly into the EMEA/NA NLS Director and is member of the Global NLS management team located in Laakdal (Belgium).
• As a business partner, you’ll coach and guide the Geo’s by building up their NLS knowledge, problem-solving and transition management skills.
• You’ll facilitate and guide cross-functional teams during Kaizen events. Here, current processes are mapped out, opportunities for improvement are formulated, and actions included in an action plan.
• Based on the NLS guiding principles, you support the Geo’s to implement improvements, guide their employees through change, and maintain the improvements after implementation.
• NLS processes, concepts and training materials are documented, standardised, consistently applied and continuously improved.
• You’ll formulate clear objectives, provide the appropriate coaching and lead the teams to qualitative results.
• Experience in guiding “lean” improvement processes (Value Stream Mapping, 5S, CCF, Problem Solving, …).
• Extensive expertise in Distribution/Planning/Logistics in a large multinational organisation is a +.
• As a good systems thinker, you view the organisation as a collection of linked processes and systems. In this, you understand how changes in a specific area impact the whole.
• You have a structured way of working and have experience in facilitating Kaizen events/workshops, in giving training and in guiding change processes.
• With good networking skills and extensive experience working in a multi-team environment, you are able to implement changes based on sound project management.
• As a value-based leader, you enjoy your leadership role and your responsibility to inspire and coach a team in achieving goals.
• You see changing priorities as challenges, and tackle them efficiently.
• You’re very service minded and always aim for a solution “tailored to the customer”.
• You communicate fluently with other departments in Dutch and English (written and oral).
• The Office Suite holds no secrets for you.
• Travel: 40-60%.