As a German and English Legal Secretary you:
- Arranges meetings and conference calls. May order meals, refreshments, and equipment as requested.
- Coordinates travel arrangements. Updates attorneys concerning mail and phone messages while travelling.
- Researches and obtains a wide variety of information or documents requested by attorneys and/or paralegals.
- Greets and screens visitors, determines the nature of contact, and provides appropriate information. Assists visiting clients with secretarial support needs.
- Transcribes and proofreads materials from shorthand, notes, tapes and drafts.
- Performs complete secretarial functions for attorneys and/or paralegals requiring knowledge of format, procedure, and specialised terminology.
- Maintains and tracks schedules and calendars for attorneys.
- Promotes effective work practices, works as a team member, and shows respect for co-workers.