Fednav, headquartered in Montreal, is the largest privately owned Canadian shipowner and operator, specialized in worldwide shipping of bulk and breakbulk cargoes. With close to 75 years of experience and expertise, we are a driven, innovative, and respected organization, committed to our customers and employees. Our core values are based on honesty, integrity, and respect towards community and environment.
Fednav is seeking a Fleet Operator for our office in Antwerp, Belgium.
The main function is to coordinate Fednav’s operational activities in European/Mediterranean waters among ships, agents, and ports, and to liaise with other departments. Daily activities include charter party analysis, deadweight calculations, optimum speed, laytime, and direct communication with Masters.
The ideal candidate possesses these attributes
- Prior experience as Fleet Operator or knowledge of the bulk shipping industry
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Strong at problem solving, prioritizing with excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Dynamic, intellectually curious, and results oriented
- Team player
- Prior seagoing experience is a definite asset
If you are looking for an interesting, fast-paced, and motivating challenge within the shipping industry that will expand your knowledge and talents, you are the ideal candidate for this job.