At Sony, our mission is to be a company that inspires and fulfils your curiosity. Our unlimited passion for technology, content and services, and relentless pursuit of innovation, drives us to deliver ground-breaking new excitement and entertainment in ways that only Sony can.
The Sony Belgium branch of Sony Europe hosts a variety of support divisions, one of which being the Service, Quality and Environmental (SQE) division. Within SQE, the Controlling team supports all the different departments by executing the reporting and by controlling the activities. Within this team, the Financial Controller focusses on the after sales service, spare parts, product compliance & environmental activities for Europe.
The top line :
You will be in charge of the execution of the reporting and you will be in charge of the operational controlling activities. You will play a key role in the budgeting process and monitor the progress against the objectives.
At the same time, you will support the Service, Spare Parts and Compliance & Environmental departments in their decision making process.
Key Responsibilities & Scope for Decision Making
- Prepare timely the monthly financial & operational dashboards & reports
- Coordinate the monthly spare parts stock matching
- Play a key role in the yearly budget & monthly forecast process
- Review overall achievement against plans and advise P&C manager on potential cost improvement actions
- Act as a trustworthy business partner towards all Service, Compliance & Environmental departments
- Prepare and attend monthly review meetings with management to show the figures
What we are looking for:
- A talented and inspiring individual with an economical background (higher education – Bachelor – Master)
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience is desirable
- Very good business and financial understanding
- Team player & strong communicator
- Flexible, result-driven and structured in his/her approach
- Excellent knowledge of English - other European languages are an asset
- Accurate and analytical minded
- IT- MS office knowledge is a must (Excel); ERP SAP experience is a plus
- European Mobility
If you want to do something extraordinary in your career, this is the place to be. You’ll get to build on your experience in a high-performance sales and marketing operation with a proven record of winning in an incredibly competitive market.
Meanwhile your career will be enhanced by the unique Sony working ethos. We don’t just create technology, services and content. We enliven senses, capture moments and create new experiences daily. We have been at the forefront of consumer tech for decades, and we stay ahead by inspiring and fulfilling curiosity. This is the exciting world you could be