Within a team that focuses on providing to Business Lines and Divisions (globally) various reportings (actuals vs. budgets, year-on-year variations, expenses evolution, forecasts and budgets, FTE variations,…) and to manage and monitor the cost posting policy and the financials (Transformation costs, savings & additional recurring costs), the responsibility of the Controller will be among others to:
Automation & Production:
- Development, day-to-day maintenance and optimization of the Access databases, requiring the translation of functional requirements into technical specifications.
- Initiating, controlling and monitoring production of management reports (uploading source extracts, reviewing preliminary results, developing and reviewing control reports from the various processes to ensure data integrity).
- Take ownership of the production of monthly & ad-hoc management reports, delivering high quality transparent and accurate financial information, within the defined deadline, using VBA in MS Excel, MS Access and Essbase.
- Ensure reconciliation of management accounting information with Consolidated Management Results produced by the Synthesis team and FTE data from Global HR.
- Manage, redesign and maintain Excel tools and reporting templates (including VBA) and be the point of contact for the local teams for any troubleshooting.
- Manipulate and analyse data using VBA, formulae, pivot tables and other Excel functions to provide management information.
- Monitor & report on the headcount of asset management.
- Monitor & assure data quality by performing monthly closing controls on cost centre data as submitted by the entities and providing feedback and instructions to the local finance teams.
- Analyze the expense and headcount evolutions of the BLs/Divisions; identifying, interpreting & reporting on variances against budgets, and month-on-month variations, by actively seeking solid explanations from the local/regional finance teams.
- Assist in the maintenance and potential re-design of the cost center structure.
- Be a point of contact for the Business Lines/divisions for divisional data within Finance and respond to queries from Business Lines and division heads.