GENERATION EUROPE BU (BU GEN) is responsible for the management and operation of ENGIE thermal generation activities in Europe including natural gas, coal, biomass and large-scale Combined Heat Power assets. It is a cross-functional BU currently operating about 22 GW across 9 countries (Belgium, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, The Netherlands, Portugal, Spain and the United Kingdom) on 68 sites with a workforce of 1 600 employees. Our organization is structured into four (4) clusters: Gas Benelux, Gas France & South Europe, Coal and European Maintenance Services.
To meet the challenges of the energy transition, the ambition of BU GEN is, on the one hand, to be a trustable and reliable support to renewables based on the flexibility of our fleet, at a low cost and with an acceptable CO2 footprint. On the other hand, based on our strong technical expertise, to serve major industrial customers as a supplier of integrated energy and services solutions.
In this perspective, our teams are committed to optimize continuously our generation fleet and to bring to market the most competitively priced energy and services one can find by making offers in mature commodity markets and providing ancillary services to transmission system operators in order to capture additional value.
Interested to contribute to the European project of our Business Unit? Through our organization, you will develop and grow within the Group ENGIE while taking part in new challenges. Seize this opportunity and join us!
Field engineer/technical gas- en stoomturbines
- you are a member of the Powertrain Operations team, reporting directly to an Operations Team Lead
- you organize, coordinate and execute maintenance work scopes on heavy duty gas and steam turbines, together with your EMS colleagues and/or subcontractors (both OEM and non-OEM)
- depending on the type of project, you will be asked to:
- execute yourself mechanical works (hands on)
- lead a team of mechanics with internal and/or external resources, depending on experience
- help and support the EMS project leader in managing a project in all its stages (definition, preparation, execution and consolidation)
- you are responsible for the assigned tasks in terms of quality, planning, budget, and safety and environmental compliance
- your main focus is turbines, but you will execute mechanical works and electrical checks on generators as well, depending on planning and available resources internally
- workplace: Linkebeek or Zwolle
- you hold a Bachelor degree in Mechanics/Electro-mechanics or equivalent by experience
- experience in measuring techniques is a plus as well as knowledge/experience in gas and steam turbine maintenance
- you are skilled in Microsoft Office. Knowledge of SAP is a plus
- having the following certificates is a plus: VCA VOL/BA4-5 training/ATEX training/nuclear access by FANC/lift and hoist certification
- multilingual; mother tongue Dutch or French, preferably with good knowledge of the other language. Very good knowledge of English is mandatory
- you are a team player and have a client approach
- your are mobile and flexible. You are willing to work in shifts and weekends, both planned and unplanned interventions, and can spend about 10% to 25% p/year abroad (Europe mainly, but sometimes outside like Africa, Middle East, etc)
- you hold a driving license
ENGIE Electrabel offers you
- a highly competitive salary & fringe benefits package
- a wide range of training & development opportunities
- a priority to internal mobility by first presenting new vacancies to our employees
- a healthy work/life balance is considered as important
- a wide range of formal and informal networks, a.o. due to ENGIE, the worldwide utilities Group we are part of