We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF Antwerpen NV is the second largest production site of BASF worldwide and the largest chemical company in Belgium. Our 3000 colleagues ensure the management of production, logistics, technical, lab and energy as well as a great number of services such as safety, environment, finances and communication. We are offering a wide range of career opportunities both in Belgium and internationally.
Expert demurrage claims
- You are responsible for the execution of the demurrage claims: tracking voyages, recovery, checking thoroughly against the charter party terms before countering the claims, negotiating demurrage payable and minimizing outstanding payments.
- You are the interface and engage effectively with Sales, Purchasing, Trading, Barging, Customers, Ship Owners, Terminal Operations, Logistics Procurement, Customs and Finance teams closely.
- You will be responsible for the shipping documentation and maritime insurance claims.
- You will follow up all the relevant demurrage topics.
- You have at least 3 years of relevant experience of ship owning and / or major liquid shippers (charterers) and / or ship broking companies and / or agency liquid bulk.
- You possess a good understanding sales and supply contracts, charter parties, key lay time and ship nomination process.
- You are detail-oriented, proactive and a good negotiator
We offer a multi-faceted challenge with responsibilities in a successful and dynamic high technology company that highly values lifelong learning and development. BASF offers a competitive compensation including attractive benefits.