As a European Transport Manager, you will be responsible for the transport operations within Europe and you will ensure that the European transport network has an optimum level of efficiency and effectiveness.
On the one hand you will be responsible for leading the transport teams around the European network:
- You will develop common processes and systems for planning and scheduling capability in order to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- You ensure targets are met, project plans are implemented and issues are addressed
On the other hand you will be accountable for the selection and management of the third party logistics partners for the European region:
- You will negotiate rates, benchmark with the market and monitor the operational performance
- You will develop annual budgets and forecast per site
- You optimize the current structure by developing IT and process improvements, establishing an optimum geographic transport network, focusing on the effectiveness of allocation of volume, ensuring an accurate cost information structure, etc.