A paralegal role assigned to support the Brussels Competition group while collaborating with the global Knowledge Team to promote their initiatives.
The paralegal will, under guidance from the partners, monitor developments in the legal and business environment, in order to keep both the Group and its clients up to date; respond to fee earner research and precedent request queries; help to create, develop and manage the Group's collection of forms, precedents and research materials; organise Group training; and provide other support as needed.
- Monitor relevant legal and business developments and assist with drafting a regular current awareness bulletin;
- Conduct research on legal developments or new areas of law relevant to the Group as requested by the partners;
- Assist in the maintenance of practice notes and standard forms;
- Maintain all relevant know-how, practice notes and standard forms in the Knowledge Bank and advertise new additions as appropriate;
- Provide organisational and logistical support in respect of training programmes run by the Group;
- Provide direct support to individual practitioners to assist them with locating practice-related internal and external knowledge resources;
- Maintain the knowledge-related aspects of the Group's resources on Connect and encourage fee-earners to use Connect, Knowledge Bank and other KM systems and know-how sources
- Organise regular meetings for the Group and provide Professional Support updates to those meetings;
- Participate in regular meetings Professional Support and Knowledge Department meetings and liaise with other PSLs/PSLAs to facilitate the sharing of best practice and knowledge;
- Provide other knowledge support to the Group as may be assigned by the head of the Group.