Sadepan Chimica in Genk is the flagship of the Italian Gruppo Maura Saviola’s chemical hub, producing fine specialty chemicals such as paraformaldehyde. The site in Genk holds a modern plant, built in 2001, taking into account the most advanced philosophies and standards in the field of environment, safety and production. It is on the cutting edge, able to provide a full range of products – formaldehyde, urea and melamine resins – with a production capacity of 360 thousand tons per year.
Located in a strategic position for the supply of raw materials, connected directly through the Albert Canal to the port of Rotterdam and close to the major European customers, Sadepan Chimica Belgium is playing an increasingly important role in the market. The plant in Genk currently has an interesting vacancy for an Engineering & Maintenance Manager.
ENGINEERING & MAINTENANCE MANAGER
Assuring operational reliability & continuity (chemical plant)
- you guarantee the operational continuity and the minimization of the total cost of ownership of the plant by applying state-of-the-art engineering standards, defining, implementing and executing well considered preventive maintenance strategies, analyzing the equipment life cycle and failure rates, proposing improvements and suitable solutions
- you ensure the reparation and well-functioning after breakdowns or anomalies by an internal maintenance service and a correct management of spare parts or by outsourcing the intervention to specialized and adequately selected external companies
- you ensure the planning and the correct execution of the periodic inspections as required by law and by internal procedures
- you respect all QEHS procedures and regulations
- you manage a substantial annual maintenance and investment budget
- you coordinate frequent and major CAPEX projects
- you plan and manage the internal and external resources and you ensure frequent site inspections
- you build and leverage positive, cross-functional relationships, both in Genk as well as within the group
- member of the plant management team you report to the site director.
Experienced, incisive, well organized and flexible
- a degree in electro-mechanical engineering or a related discipline
- at least 5 years’ experience in engineering & maintenance management within a demanding industrial environment, ideally a chemical plant
- in-depth knowledge of ISO 9001, OHSAS and ISO 14001 standards
- mature and stress resistant personality, comfortable with a high workload/ degree of complexity in a physically demanding environment
- well organized and structured, a strong sense of urgency and above average prioritization and interpersonal and influencing skills
- fluency in Dutch and English (Italian being an asset).
A key responsibility on top level
- The right candidate will get a decent level of autonomy and will be remunerated with an interesting salary package.