Located in the beautiful town of Tervuren, near the university city of Leuven, BSB is a not for profit, inclusive fee-paying international school with 1,350 students from approximately 70 countries. There is an Early Childhood Centre for children aged 1-3. Our Primary School offers a bespoke curriculum with integrated learning themes that are inquiry based and skills driven. Whilst British-based, it is uniquely adapted to the needs of our international and multicultural student body. Students in Year 10 & 11 study for (I)GCSE and BTEC courses. Post-16 students can choose from three internationally recognised pre-university examination courses: English A Levels, International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or BTEC. BSB has outstanding facilities and is the only international school in Belgium to have its own 25m indoor swimming pool. With an excellent record of academic achievement, BSB students go on to attend a wide range of top universities across the globe.
Employer Engagement & Alumni Admin Coordinator
Purpose of the role:
Areas of responsibility:
- Create new opportunities for students that will enrich their education, teach them work related skills and prepare them for life after school
- Develop existing employer engagement initiatives
- To grow a powerful network of professionals that engages with BSB and is committed to working alongside us to achieve the above aims
- Increase, develop and engage our global alumni
- Propose events, activities and interaction that enrich our students’ learning experience (e.g. Career Roundtables, Student/Company visits)
- Work with a diverse range of people from all backgrounds across the school (staff, students, parents) to understand their needs and achieve objectives
- Responsible for organising activities/trips/projects, in collaboration with relevant staff, from launch to conclusion and follow up
- Assess and review own portfolio of projects, providing statistics as appropriate
- Responsible for generating new ideas including employers working within the school
- Responsible for maintaining information on eBSB relevant to role, and ensuring information is current
- Ensure work carried out is promoted working alongside colleagues in Marketing & Communications
- Visit clients, in collaboration with M&C Director, for idea generation and collaboration
- Attend business and industry events together with M&C Director as appropriate
- Responsible for alumni engagement and growth ensuring strategic plans are achieved working alongside the M&C Director
- Host alumni when visiting the school and associated follow-up
- Support the engagement activities and growth of alumni, including alumni reunions
- Bachelor Degree preferably related to the role (Marketing, Communications, Business Administration) or equivalent by experience.
- Qualification in teaching would be an asset.
Skills & Qualities
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience working in a school environment would be an asset
- Experience of organising own workload to meet deadlines in a challenging environment.
- Strategic and agile thinker who can translate concepts to the work environment
- Excellent networker and connector of people from diverse backgrounds
- Understands the business world, can spot opportunities, make connections
- Genuine interest in the empowering of and working with young people
- High level of written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills
- Confidence communicating at all levels with professionalism and diplomacy
- Excellent English, knowledge of French and/or Dutch would strengthen the application but is not essential
- Able to relate well with others in a way that is culturally and situationally sensitive
- Able to adapt, be flexible and see more than one way of doing things
- Excellent administrative, IT and organisational skills
- To be able to think out of the box, be curious, tenacious, convincing and persuasive
- Creative problem solver who is able to cope with ambiguity
- Able to generate own work, set and respect self-imposed deadlines
- Self-directed and excellent team player
- Committed to achieving the best at all times for BSB students
- Belief that in learning and in life more is achieved together than alone
- Open mindedness and welcoming of otherness
- Committed to the safety and wellbeing of BSB students.
- 80% to 100%, permanent post with generous holiday provision
- On the job training
- Interesting position in an international environment
- Attractive salary - BSB Operational scale – Band 4 representing a minimum of
€ 44.496 and a maximum of € 69.545 gross per year in case of a full-time post, depending on the years of relevant experience) and extra-legal benefits including hospitalisation insurance, extra pension payments, luncheon vouchers, free use of the BSB sport facilities
The deadline for applications is Thursday 25 April 2019 at 16:00 (CET).
Please note that only applications sent in using the application form on the BSB website will be considered. No other submissions will be accepted.Interviews will be held at the school the beginning of May.“The British School of Brussels is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.”(with reference to the most recent KCSIE)