Nike European Logistics Campus
Nike ELC is an energetic and innovative employer for driven and positive minded professionals who wish to develop a career in logistics and supply chain for products of the strong global brand Nike. The unique Nike products, stored in our distribution centres in Laakdal, in Ham and in Herentals, are delivered on a daily basis to our customers and athletes all over Europe. Nike ELC has healthy growth ambitions and offers challenging jobs for a wide range of profiles. The company culture is characterised by teamwork, perseverance, pride, sustainable entrepreneurship, space for personal development and respect for both the individual and the environment. Employees are free to be themselves, united in their passion for Nike. The bar is high and the atmosphere informal and relaxed. There is room for stimulating extra-professional activities and numerous sports facilities on the site are available to employees and their families. Sport is always on our minds. The journey is yours.
EMEA NLS Director
The EMEA NLS Director co-establishes the vision and strategic direction for the future Nike Logistics System. He/she develops and grows the NLS organization and leadership in a way that the Geo can efficiently drive their strategic transformation into NLS.
Supporting the Geo in their transformation, he/she will assist in translating business and market directions into pragmatic growth and innovative plans in the area of logistics. He/she drives relevant logistics initiatives to increase our efficiency while enhancing the services we provide, in order to offer the best value proposition to our customers. Innovative logistics concepts are deployed across the different functions. The EMEA NLS Director reports directly to the Global NLS Director and is a member of the Global NLS Management team located in Laakdal (Belgium).
• Visioning: Imagining the future logistics system. Coaching to achieve this preferred future in a way that inspires others.
• System: NLS processes, concepts and training materials are documented, standardized, consistently applied and continuously improved.
• Team management: Coaching, managing, driving and inspiring the Geo leadership/NLS team to ensure that we deliver the NLS, with all its logistics functions, on time, with a focus on safety, quality and productivity, within a climate of commitment, flexibility and continuous process improvement.
• Capability building: Developing Global standards & supporting Geo’s in building NLS knowledge on the “path of work”.
• Communication management: Developing a communication strategy and action plan that will enable people to feel connected with the NLS roll out. The NLS communication builds trust and true understanding. Both internal employees and Nike Business Partners know where we're going, believe it is the right place to go, and know what to do to help get there. Ensure that the full plan is executed according to timelines and content expectations.
• Transition management: Helping an organization and its people to make the transition from today to the future with minimal business disruption.
• Deliver results: Managing resources such that the team can effectively make progress towards clear expectations and goals.
• Technical and professional knowledge: Adding value to Nike by contributing skills and expertise in Lean Thinking (Logistics is a +). Min 10 years of extensive Lean/continuous improvement experience with + 4 years at senior level.
• Problem solving and good Judgment: Using a methodical process of analyzing & solving problems to find the root cause. Deciding on a course of action that moves the organization towards its goals.
• Travel: 40-60%
• Good networking skills and a proven track record in working within a multi-team environment and delivering change through solid “continuous improvement thinking”. You are a demonstrated value-based team leader. You enjoy the leadership role and being responsible for inspiring a team to accomplish Nike’s goals.
• Master’s degree with a technical or business major, or equivalent through experience.
• 4-6 years relevant working experience at senior level in a large organization with a complex business environment.
• Fluent in English (written and spoken), able to communicate to all layers of the organization, incl. headquarters.
• A deep understanding of Lean and TPS.
• Good understanding of Supply Chain Management theory and best practices.
• Proven track record of delivering results (safety, quality, delivery, cost, moral) in large global or Geo-based improvement activities.
- Your business suit stays in the closet! Our informal dress code ensures an enthusiastic and casual work environment.
- You can count on a competitive package (company car, hospitalisation insurance, in-house sports complex, bicycle allowance,...).