Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
Digital R&D Manager
Digital transformation of RC R&D
* Analyses current research processes and technologies and proposes new methods, based on the possibilities of CSE (Computational Science Engineering) to increase efficiency, speed and accuracy
* Identifies and acquires the relevant tools and skills
* Prepares and supports the transformation of working methods, in close collaboration with the R&D departments
* Develops dashboards and measures the gains made
* Dynamically and positively promotes the questioning of traditional R&D methods
Steering and Coordination of Digital Programmes operated by RC R&D
* Identifies and validates priority CSE research topics with the business lines and keeps R&D mobilised on these topics
* Responsible for coordinating the project management of the RC's contribution to the cross-organisational digital programme. In charge of long-term planning (preparation of budget and resources) of the activity
* Acts as an interface with all stakeholders in the field of digitisation: digital cross-organisational R&D programme, Digital Mission, IT Department and TGITS to avoid duplication
* Ensures that the relevant skills and resources are available to operate programmes with a high CSE content (cross-organisational or otherwise). Organises arbitrations if necessary.
* Oversees progress on topics in line with the deadlines and budgets agreed, and communicates the results and successes.
* Contributes to the establishment of academic and technical collaborations with external partners. Defines the associated Intellectual Property aspects.
* Acts in observance of the HSE management approach of the TRTF site, applies internal regulations in an exemplary manner and contributes to compliance with safety standards.
* Anticipates HSE issues associated with the projects implemented by him/her and ensures that safety aspects are taken into account in all project activities.
* Advanced understanding of or significant experience with the fields of CSE (data science, modelling, automation, simulation, etc.)
* PhD or equivalent experience with at least 2-3 years' research experience
* Demonstrates the ability to take initiative and work autonomously, to convince and to implement
* Proven experience with organisational transformation would be a significant plus
* Fluency in English
* The possibility of taking part in projects of great scale and taking responsibilities in a group of world size, which applies the advanced technology.
* An evolution of attractive career allowing to immerse you in a new job, a new activity and a new culture.
* A continuing education. Competitive wages and a broad range of extra-legal advantages.