DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.
Desktop Support Analyst
The role of Desktop Support Analyst is the perfect job for the IT professional who likes people. It primarily involves providing desk-side support to DLA Piper staff at all levels; with the vision of the team being "To be visibly Excellent in supporting the IT needs of the business locally". Interpersonal skills are as important as IT and problem solving skills to enable the Desktop Support Analyst to provide excellent customer service.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide DLA Piper’s end users with effective local IT service covering (desktops, printers, laptops, desk phones and handheld devices such as mobile phones etc.)
- Application support and desk-side training issues
- Assist the Infrastructure team with Circuit, Router; Switch and server recovery
- Carry out local Office operational tasks (backups and file restores)
- Managing IT aspects of user moves, changes and new starters
- Performance and equipment checking
- Liaise with 3rd parties for support
- Maintain appropriate equipment stock levels
- Effectively communicate: End User issues, plans and general End User feedback to the Central IT department, IT issues/progress to local office end users from central IT teams
- Enthusiastic with a "can do" attitude
- Adaptable and able to undertake new tasks with the minimum of supervision
- Logical approach to both problem solving and following procedural methodologies
- Communication skills, i.e. effectively manage local end user requirements as well as 3rd party service delivery against SLA
- Ability to liaise with all staff at DLA Piper, regardless of their role
- Flexibility to meet the demands of the business which could include overtime / travel / working away from home
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to multitask, prioritise work and to meet deadlines
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Empathetic, patient, reliable with good listening skills
- Business knowledge and reporting effectively
- OS/Apps Support - especially Microsoft Windows and Office, iOS
- Hardware support - Dell and HP laptops/desktops, and Ricoh printers
- Basic understanding of Network Infrastructure
- Deliver against project roles and responsibilities agreed with Manager and Central IT teams