Applications are invited for the position of Deputy Head, Investment Promotion in the Invest Hong Kong Desk of the Hong Kong Economic & Trade Office (HKETO) in Brussels. Invest Hong Kong (www.investhk.gov.hk) is the department of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) established to attract and retain foreign direct investment in Hong Kong.
Reporting to the Head of Investment Promotion, the Deputy Head will be responsible for identifying, attracting and supporting companies to set up or expand in Hong Kong by engaging in strategic planning and execution of investment promotion activities, visits to top level executives of leading companies and providing assistance to potential investors in our priority markets namely Spain, Portugal, Ireland, Belgium, The Netherlands and other geographic markets covered by the HKETO in Brussels. Travel within Europe is required.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Business Administration or Economics, a higher degree would be an advantage
• Minimum of 5 years of international sales and/or business development experience, preferably in foreign direct investment promotion or economic development at a managerial position
• Excellent presentation and communication skills in English and Spanish; proficiency in other European languages would be an advantage
• Broad knowledge of the European economies and relevant working experience in our priority markets are important. Experience of living and/or doing business in Hong Kong would be an asset
• Eligible to take up employment in the EU and be prepared to be based in Brussels