Did you know that...
KBC is one of the largest bank-insurers in Belgium? We are highly motivated and aim to be the reference in our industry. The world does not stand still. Which is why we are already thinking up solutions for the future. And this is how we ensure that we can respond to our clients' needs through digitisation and proactively responding to socially relevant issues such as the environment and mobility.
Our employees already play an important role in these innovations. They are the ‘creators’, who give their best every day contributing to fresh ideas, bold initiatives and meaningful products.
Would you like to be part of our 'Great Place to Work'? Then be sure to check out our vacancies and 'Join Create Innovate'.
Compliance is part of the business culture. It emphasises honesty and integrity, the upholding of high ethical standards in business in complying with both the spirit and the letter of the applicable regulations. Clients must at all times be treated in a fair, reasonable, honest and professional manner.
The Compliance Department contributes to this as an independent control function in second line. Compliance assists the business in implementing the rules concerned, gives advice and provides support with training and awareness campaigns.
Besides this Compliance also performs a controlling role to assure that the rules are also effectively complied with.
The main domains in scope are:
- ‘Anti Money Laundering’ and fighting terrorism financing
- Financial Markets
- Fraud & Ethics
- Data Protection
- Consumer Protection
The KBC Group Compliance employees on the one hand work as local Compliance Function of KBC Bank and KBC Insurance and on the other hand work for other entities of KBC Group in a coordinating and advising role.
KBC Group Compliance has decided to expand its Data & Consumer Protection unit.
Data Protection Officer (Group Steering Aspects) at KBC
our main challenges are the following up of and advising on the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and making use of synergies. Your role and responsibilities are situated on a local (Belgian) level as on the level of the Group:
- On local level you supervise the compliancy with the rules concerning the processing of personal data, the protection of the privacy and the professional duty of confidentiality in all aspects of the company.
- You perform a gap analysis and supervise that possible breaches and problems are handled upon pertinently.
- You provide the required support and advice when performing Data Protection Impact Assessments and supervise that these are performed qualitatively and are documented.
- As the case may be you are the contact person for the competent authorities and in particular the Data Protection Authority.
- You are responsible for the follow up and analysis of the regulation (and in particular the Data Protection law and the General Data Protection Regulation) and you take care of the required conversion into internal instructions. Besides that you overview that these instructions are complied with via the setting up of the required monitoring and drafting preventive and corrective measures where necessary. In this context you support the business and will be closely involved in projects for the development of new products or new activities. A close cooperation with business, Internal Audit, Legal, Information Risk Management and Inspection is required.As such you contribute to the success of the KBC strategy via participation in and constructive support of projects like the Cloud, digitalisation, Big Data and other initiatives, related to the business culture of KBC.
- On group level you supervise that the domain is sufficiently covered in the local entities and you provide the necessary support to the local Compliance Officers. You make sure that action plans are available everywhere and are also followed up.
- You are responsible for drafting, communicating and keeping up to date of the Group Compliance Rules and the roll out thereof to the local entities.
- Special attention will be needed for the exchange of data within the diverse group entities and in particular between the daughter companies and the mother company.
- You have a Master’s degree, preferably in Law, in economy, in criminology, in engineering, IT, … or the equivalent through work experience.
- Our ideal candidate for this function has enhanced knowledge of and/or experience in regulation with regard to the protection of the privacy. Besides that you have a couple of years of experience with one or more Compliance domains in an ‘umbrella’ manner.
- Experience in a control function is a plus; Compliance, Audit, Operational Risk and/or other risk related domains
- You have an interest in digitalisation, Big Data and the related concepts data modeling, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- You have excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English and Dutch.
- You have a sound portion of assertiveness in combination with diplomatic but convincing skills.
- Further you have a pragmatic attitude, a high level of independency and strong team player skills.
- active support during your career;
- an exceptional range of training and development opportunities;
- many different career opportunities;
- a permanent contract;
- a competitive salary package, including an extensive package of additional benefits and special terms for employees for our banking and insurance products;
- possibilities to integrate your work and private life;
- a dynamic working environment with an open culture and pleasant atmosphere.