The Customs Compliance Specialist:
- Has knowledge about the EU & BE Customs legislation and its impact on the operations.
- SAP GTS experience is an asset.
- Is a team player thus supporting the whole team and all internal stakeholders.
- Communicator not only towards direct management but also all other involved internal departments.
- Target driven with focus on continuous improvements.
MAIN AREA’S OF RESPONSIBILITY / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Execute customs (import & export) operational processes and procedures in SAP GTS, namely performing the e-filing towards Customs Authorities.
- Co-ordinate customs formalities with freight forwarders/customs brokers, provide timely and correct import instructions (IDIS) & export instructions (EDIS).
- Inform Supply planning and/or Customer Service on any issue and it’s remediation.
- Guarantee legal compliancy for all types of customs declarations.
- Provide timely and appropriate feedback to customs authorities in case of documentary or physical verification.
- Checking correctness of customs declarations submitted by external partners and report any error to Customs Manager and external partner.
- Responsible for the correct execution on supplementary customs documentation and assist in queries by customs authorities.
- Responsible for issuing A.TR certificates and Declarations of Origin (DoO’s) and forward the documentation to Customer Service.
- Resolve files of dispute with the authorities.
- Provide feedback/information to stakeholders with regard to customs declarations.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of SOP/WI’s related to any type of customs declarations.
Super User Role and Continuous Improvement:
- Provide first level support for SAP GTS related issues.
- Provide support to roll out cross-company project implementations.
- Initiate the creation or maintenance of SOP & WI’s relevant for any customs formalities caused by system set-up changes.
- Seeking permanent improvements (kaizen) of customs related processes.
- Have knowledge of all relevant master data records relevant in respect of customs declarations.
- Inform any incorrectness or lacking master data and take appropriate actions.
- Take correct decisions on the bonded warehouse relevancy of materials.
- Support the customs team by conducting trainings including to newcomers.
Trade Compliance Reporting:
- Follow-up of stock records on a daily base by processing different worklist in SAP GTS.
- Ensure periodic stock controls of bonded relevant materials.
- Responsible for the yearly closing of the bonded warehouse stock records.
- Provide timely VAT-listings and any underlying documentation if required to GFS.
- Submit, distribute and archive DoO & A.TR documents.
- Guarantee the archiving of all type of customs declarations.
Audit and Compliance:
- Take initiatives for the required KPI reporting towards management.
- She/he takes initiatives for required corrective actions.
- Communicate timely and provide correct input to all audit requests as appropriate.
- Properly document processes in SOP’s and WI’s.
- Perform an impact analysis of legislation change on the operational processes