ASCO, a privately owned and independent Belgian company, began operations as a private subcontractor in 1954. The aeronautics division started in 1979 and is currently the only group activity. Today ASCO Industries is engaged in a broad range of development, engineering, manufacturing and assembly activities providing multidisciplinary subcontracting services to various markets and aerospace programs around the world.
Asco operates from four locations, Belgium, Canada, Germany and the United States of America with over 1,400 employees and a turnover exceeding 250 million euros. Asco produces over 2,500 assemblies every month and has the ambition to be a world leader in design and manufacture of high lift devices, complex mechanical assemblies and major functional components for the aerospace industry
Customer Project Manager
The Customer Project Manager will lead, organize and coordinate specific ASCO project team(s) in the start-up and production implementation of the new products projects (customer projects) assigned to him/her, in order to achieve the agreed objectives of cost, quality and on time delivery for both internal and external customers. He/she will act as a Risk Manager for his/her projects.
- Define and request approval for the project scope (Timing and Budget)
- Define Work Breakdown Structure of the project
- Lead, coordinate and follow-up the project teams for the assigned projects in order to accomplish the defined short- and long-term objectives (cost, quality, on time delivery) of these projects in close collaboration with all involved ASCO departments (Engineering, Industrialization, Procurement, Operations, Commercial, Finance, Quality…)
- Lead his/her project(s) to ensure the development of stable and reliable production processes
- Be central point of contact concerning his/her projects for all internal and external stakeholders in order to enhance and optimize communication
- Align the involved departments with regards to the project objectives
- Report on regular basis on the status and progress of the assigned projects using the appropriate tools and metrics
- Timing and Lead Time
- Technical solutions
- Application of ASCO processes and procedures, including the risk management of his project
- Propose improvements in order to allow the involved ASCO departments to achieve their objectives
Education : Master degree in Engineering
Languages : English, French, Dutch
Skills / Experience :
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in Project Management
- Leadership affinity, quality minded, open, stress resistant, flexible (inicluding travel flexibility), teamplayer, good communication skills, helicopter view, analytical
Asco offers a position in an innovative high-tech environment, using cutting-edge technologies, with a unique training policy and opportunities to develop yourself. Besides this we offer an interesting salary package with extralegal advantages.