The Boortmalt Group (www.boortmalt.com) is a fully owned subsidiary of Axereal, Europe’s largest grain cooperative. The company is one of the largest industrial malts producers in the world and employs 300 people. From 10 locations in Europe, Boortmalt produces 1.1 million tons of malt per year, of which 50% is exported to developing markets outside of Europe. In addition, approximately 50% of the total European malt export passes through the Port of Antwerp, making Antwerp the malt capital of Europe, and Boortmalt its logistic heart. The customers are large international brewers and distillers as well as smaller local breweries all over the world. To support their ambitious plans to grow, Boortmalt is looking for a Continuous Improvement Manager.
Continuous Improvement Manager
Create operational excellence and sustainability
- You set internal operational standards and measure of process capabilities through KPIs as well as benchmarking systems and you report on operational performance.
- By undertaking root cause analysis, you recommend effective corrective & preventative actions to avoid recurrence in line with the applicable CI techniques.
- You lead site teams in the development of new operational tools and systems to improve and sustain the business.
- By challenging the full supply chain “from field to brewery/distillery”, you explore further opportunities to optimise the malting plant performance: quality, safety, cycle times, costs etc.
- You will report to the Group Operational Excellence Manager and will travel up to 50% of your time, mainly to UK-based sites. Travel to other European sites is also to be anticipated.
Process improver with influencing and interpersonal skills
- You have a master’s degree (preferably Science/Engineering) or equivalent by experience with at least 5 years of experience in a managerial operational continuous improvement role within an international manufacturing environment.
- Your interpersonal skills, your high level of commitment and your personal drive help you to succeed in this position.
- You are familiar with Lean Manufacturing principles, Project Management methodologies and Six Sigma techniques. Awareness or affinity with brewing/distillery process is a plus.
- You are familiar with quality standards ISO 9001, 14001, 18001 and HACCP.
- You have excellent oral and written communication and negotiation skills in English. Knowledge of Dutch and French is an advantage.
A bright future within an ambitious and solid organisation
- Boortmalt is a global player with an excellent reputation, known for its expertise and its high-quality products and services.
- You will be working in a straightforward international company culture where autonomy and sense of initiative are recognized and stimulated. You will get the opportunity to apply your personal approach to the way of working and focus of the job.
- You can count on the cooperation and the full support of a management that encourages the personal development of its employees.