SCK•CEN is one of the largest research institutions in Belgium. Every day, more than 700 employees dedicate themselves to developing peaceful applications of radioactivity. Our developments have already resulted in a long list of innovative and forward-looking applications for the medical world, industry and the energy sector. We are renowned for our expertise world-wide.
In the course of our work, there are three main research topics:
•The safety of nuclear installations
•The well-considered management of radioactive waste
•Human and environmental protection against ionising radiation
SCK•CEN collaborates with numerous research partners both at home and abroad.
The work performed by SCK•CEN has a direct effect upon various aspects of our daily life. Besides our work as a research centre, we also organise training courses and offer specialist services including consultancy.
Company nurse (m/f)
• Taking care of the planning for periodic health examination of workers at SCK•CEN and other companies (nuclear or not) in the vicinity, as well as for temporary health examination of external contractors who carry out works in controlled areas of Class I nuclear organisations;
• Administrative management of health records and periodic legal reporting to PPT Committees and supervisory authorities;
• Carrying out biometrics, pulmonary function tests, eye tests, chest radiograph, audiometry, electrocardiogram, administering vaccines, sporadically taking blood samples;
• Providing first aid in case of accidents (and in emergency cases, sometimes making autonomous decisions);
• Participating in paramedic primary duty outside working hours (by turns);
• Assisting in decontamination of people (under the supervision of certified radiation physicians) in case of radioactive contaminations.
• Bachelor’s degree (short type higher education with full curriculum) in Nursing;
• Experience in company healthcare and first aid is an asset;
• Flexible and team-oriented;
• Good knowledge of standard IT packages (MS Office);
• Good knowledge of English, Dutch and French;
• Being prepared to participate in an on-duty system (1 week out of 4 while staying within a 20 km radius of SCK•CEN’s premises in Mol).
What can we offer you?
- A challenging and varied job
- Opportunities for self-development in an absorbing, international research environment
- Extensive training opportunities within and outside your area of expertise
- An attractive remuneration package with non-statutory benefits
- Located in wooded area to ensure you a traffic jam free environment