The European legal team, based in Gent, is looking for a new Legal Counsel providing high-quality legal services to several companies of the company's group in Belgium and the Netherlands. Our client' legal services cover different areas of business law, including contract law, tort law, intellectual property, environmental law, corporate law, competition law, etc. and take place in an international environment.
The Legal Counsel will be responsible for:
- Be the business partner of multiple other functions and identify jointly with them risks and opportunities, analyse the options and launch pragmatic solutions and alternatives.
- Provide legal support such as legal advices and drafting contracts, both related to national and international topics;
- Protect and defend business interest in third party disputes, develop strategy and assess any settlement option;
- Join internal business meetings and, when appropriate, negotiation with third parties;
- Coordinate with external law firms and liaise with the business;
- Ensure compliance policies and procedures;
- Develop and update contract templates;
- Stay up-to-date on regulatory and law changes;
- Collaborate with other Legal team members and exchange on best practices;
- Identify which legal trainings are needed to help the business partners, develop training material and conduct the legal trainings to the business;
- Report to the General Counsel (Cluster Head Belgium & the Netherlands).