Goods transport by train will become increasingly more important in the future. It is far less detrimental to the environment and mobility than road transport. Furthermore, it is often safer and more efficient.
Lineas is one of the largest European private enterprises in the area of goods transport by rail.
We therefore believe that it is our responsibility to convince companies to opt for the modal shift away from the road towards more goods by rail.
We carry out that ambitious task with the best products, innovative services, a large fleet and a great deal of passion and input for our customers. We want to grow and make a real difference on an international scale.
Why are we looking for a Claims Coordinator?
- To treat claims portfolios related to Lineas assets (locomotives and wagons) during transport in Belgium and abroad (outgoing claims) and/or related to third-party assets (incoming claims)
- To participate in the improvement and simplification process of the administration of claims
- To provide suitable and timely contact with external stakeholders (e.g. experts, owners and operators) in order to defend Lineas' financial interests
What does that mean precisely in reality?
- Collect factual (photos, e-mails, expert reports, etc.) and financial proof regarding the claim and open the dossier in the claim IT tool.
- Manage the entire claim administration; this consists of the continuous follow-up of estimated (repair) costs, interim decisions and participating in meetings, amongst other things If necessary, collaborate with the concerned Fleet Manager and the Claims Advisor from the Claims & Insurance Department.
- Coordinate the visits of experts.
- Monitor the progress of repairs to damaged assets. This implies close cooperation with the Operational Fleet Management department. Repairs that are started by Lineas encompass the wagon fleet of other railway companies/operators and related administration such as receiving invoices from workshops and invoices from other railway companies
- Present the completed dossier to the Asset Maintenance Manager / Fleet Managers for a decision. The decisions can be: repair by the workshop and/or judicial steps based on the liabilities resulting from a related legal framework (CUU or contract). Close the claim dossier after a (definitive) decision is made.
- Deal with the financial claim administration. This includes creation of a PO, creation of dossiers for invoicing to third parties, and the follow-up of invoice payments
- Deal with optional performances linked to claims. Examples include: traction of wagons to workshops, extra shunting of erroneously loaded wagons or ‘damaged’ wagons owned by other railway companies and operators. This includes passing information to the Finance department, which is responsible for invoicing optional performances. The actual contact with OSR and stations for operational handling lies with Operational Fleet Management.
- Participate (weekly, bi-monthly or monthly) in the Claims Communication Platform. This ensures optimal collaboration with the Claims & Insurance department regarding the treatment of claims portfolios.
- Participate in implementing the new claim IT tool.
- Participate in analyses and implementation of initiatives to maximise financial recuperation / to minimise financial loss from damage to Lineas' own assets during transportation.
- Be the SPOC for all questions related to asset claims.
Are you the right person for this job?
- You have technical knowledge of wagons and/or locomotives or are willing to learn this quickly.
- Experience with the treatment of claims is a plus.
- You are good at administration.
- You have affinity with the logistics sector. Knowledge of the Rail is an asset.
- You focus on synthesis, reactivity and communication.
- You do a follow up of problems in a structured and independent way.
- You speak French, Dutch and English.
- You work efficiently and goal oriented.
What we offer
You get the chance to grow and to launch your career in a booming company.
- You get attractive pay with fine fringe benefits.
- You will be joining a young and dynamic company. Things move forward rapidly, with all sorts of constant changes, opening up prospects for your career at all times.
- We give you thorough training from the outset together with all the coaching you need to get started, and subsequently every opportunity to develop your talents further
- You may work independently and free of the boundaries of time – even from home or at a location that is better suited now and then.