Our Client is a Danish based cleantech market leader focused on giving a new life to post-consumer PVB (PolyVinyl Butyral) from windshields and architectural/building glass (laminated glass). They are passionate about this superior raw material and eliminating the need for companies to dispose of it in landfills.
The PVB recycling factories in Europe and the USA transform this former waste material into advanced sustainable polymers that have use in many industrial applications worldwide.
Through their patented glass separation systems, which they offer for high volume glass recycling, companies can now separate glass from PVB for use in many industrial applications.
This unique combination provides not only a system that separates PVB from post-consumer glass, but also a sustainable solution for the separated PVB to be transformed into a variety of useable new raw materials. This makes industrial scale laminated glass recycling a reality.
Chemical Application Engineer
The candidate will as a member of our chemical team support general R&D activities. He/she will be in charge of development and research on formulated recycled PVB products. Related to specific application processing systems the candidate will do technical support at the customers. Travel activity both national and international to be expected.
You are in charge answering daily technical mails, communication.
You are in charge of documenting technical information and sales material, in particular you maintain toll processor formulations.
You support and guide our leads/customers in formulating and designing our recycled PVB products in function of customer processing system.
You are part or taking lead on several R&D projects.
You take active part in other type functions, which are part of an ambitious company.
In this function the candidate will report directly to the EMEA Market and Sales Director.
Home base will be Pelt, Belgium but in the function of Chemical Application Engineer, the employee agrees that traveling both national as international is a part of the job. The expected traveling both domestic and international exists out of visiting our customers 3 to 4 times on monthly bases and/or depending on the need of its presence. Overnights stay will occur but the company will try to limit this to max 2 or 3 per month.
- University degree or higher education in chemical engineering.
- Minimum 10 of years' experience with similar functions in highly international atmosphere.
- Experienced and proven track record in both emulsifying and compounding polymers.
- Fluent in English, other languages are an assed but not required.
- Highly developed analytical skills, accuracy and reliability.
- Very organized and structured, ability to work independently and having many tasks to manage simultaneously.
- Get motivated by growth company and working in small teams/environment.
- Self-motivated, energetic, loyal, good in communication and interpersonal skills.Your profile
Market conform salary based on experience and skills
Fulltime: 38 hrs/week
20 days off + 12 ADV
Hospital and group insurance
Mobile phone and Laptop