Basaltex has been the pioneer for the introduction of basalt fibers and semi-finished products (fabrics) in the European market for over 10 years. With a strong focus on added value to meet customers needs and expectations, Basaltex has completed several projects in the textile, plastic and composite industry while fully dedicated to providing basalt solutions in a B2B relationship ltex is part of a Belgium private group (Fin-Col) with sister companies Flocart, Masureel Veredeling and Verlimas.
To grow our business, Basaltex has developed a fire-blocking prepreg to be used for demanding applications in public transport, maritime, aviation and construction to meet the stringent fire requirements. An investment in a pilot production line is made to support this strategic development.
To implement this product in the market and ensure our targets, Basaltex is looking to strengthen the small team with a
Your key responsibilities
- You will be responsible for the complete sales process from concepts to actual sales. You will make sure the new product gets validated in customers’ projects and development programs that result into sales.
- Your analysis and customer intimacy will guide the company in making the right strategic choices for product and business development.
- You will develop a marketing plan ready to be implemented, which you will translate into focused communication actions.
- You will proactively search for new markets and customers for our unique, technical products and will aim at building a profitable B2B business.
- You will co-create business plans up to the level of target volume, turn-over and margin, which will be a back bone for you and your fellow team members.
- Your primary markets will be fire-proof composites for transport applications (rail, marine, aviation) and construction.
As a person you are
You bring with knowledge or experience in
- Fast in building personal relations.
- Emphatic. Good listener and capable to understand technical challenges of customers and to communicate to team members.
- Action-oriented in a structured and planful way. Good in decision taking.
- Persistent in your actions and creative to explore alternative solutions to overcome hurdles.
- Hands-on, able to work in a small team.
You choose for Basaltex because
- Product development, market introduction and sales of new technical products.
- Experience in fire protection, technical plastics or composites is a plus.
- Commercial and financial business insight.
- Thinking at master level, from education or by experience.
- Fluency in English (Dutch, French or German are pros).
- Teamwork is your second nature.
- You enjoy the spirit of a small team with innovative start-up mentality.
- You become part of an ambitious family business.
- The opportunity to build the identity of Basaltex.
- Motivated and experienced colleagues.
- Autonomy in your job.
- A fair compensation based on your experience and competencies.