The Business Analyst is part of the Finance team, reporting to the Product Line Owner Finance, within the Pharm Commercial I/T EMEA organization. In the Finance and Deliver domain, Galaxy SAP is the main application for more than 30 MRCs in the region to manage: Account-to-Report, Order to Cash and Procure-to-Pay processes, as well as Legal, Corporate and Management reporting. The Business Analyst role requires a broad understanding of application design and business processes, coupled with skills to manage relationships with the Business and across IT.
Functional solution ownership
- Support Domain/Process owners for Account to report, Invoice to cash, procure to pay, management accounting and Master data
- Support Domain/Process Owner for all the changes that are implemented for the process on the platform
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for the functional process. Is able to design lean and effective solutions
- Strong knowledge on integration within the various SAP modules and able to propose effective integrations with internal and external partners (customer, supplier, logistic providers
- Support Domain/Functional Process Owner in prioritization of initiatives and identification of improvement
- Support Domain/Functional Process Owner throughout the system lifecycle of the process and/or clusterConsulting IT Application Services (AS) during Functional & Technical Design, Build (ABAP, Security), Unit testing and System testing. Supporting Functional Process Owner for User Acceptance testing and Key User training.
- Supporting planning and overseeing the successful deployment of changes into the live environment.
- Applies compliance requirements within scope of responsibility, provides documentation as necessary, and participates in compliance activities as required
- Ability to design processes in the application in the area of expertise, as configuring the standard functionalities as specifying additional developments in order to meet business requirements
- Ability to design lean and effective processes and how to monitor the quality of the process
- Benchmark solution in the different environments establishing best practices for defined processes
- Support Domain/Functional Owner to build a strong business case for new projects: Define project scope, business benefits, project budget and potential risks & constraints
- Working understanding of generally accepted project management methodologies, tools, and techniques
- Act as key technical advisor to project teams and/or manage small sized projects
Required skills :
• B.A. /B.S. degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Economics or other related field; an advanced degree is desirable.
Professional certifications are a plus, especially in SAP FI CO, Project Management and ITIL.
• 5+ years of IT experience in a corporate environment supporting SAP projects is required. Experience in managing and motivating people is an advantage. The ability to successfully prioritize and manage multiple activities is required.
• Excellent knowledge of the SAP FI CO module and knowledge of the integration points with SAP MM, FI and CO modules.
• Strong knowledge of Order to Cash process in particular and Supply Chain processes in general.
• Experience in Finance requirements gathering; customer interaction, detailed documentation of requirements and functional specifications, creation of process and data flows
• Ability to guide a workstream
• Ability and knowledge of project planning and tracking skills; realistic planning and delivery according to plan.
• Solid knowledge of formal Change Management and System Development Life Cycle methodologies.
• Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
• Strong communication skills and a fluent knowledge of English.
• Solid relationship-building skills, team player.
• Strongly result driven, quick learner, self-starter.
• Experience with interfaces, IDOCs, ABAP and/or SAP authorizations is a plus.
• Knowledge of SOX compliance and/or GMP validation is a plus.
• Good knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other MS office tools is a must.
• Experience with HP Quality Center is a plus.
The position reports to the applicable Functional Domain Owner in the BU-IT Finance & Deliver group in Pharm Commercial EMEA.
Effectively works with virtual, regional teams, including diverse groups of people with varied backgrounds and cultural experiences.