ASCO, a privately owned and independent Belgian company, began operations as a private subcontractor in 1954. The aeronautics division started in 1979 and is currently the only group activity.
Today ASCO Group is engaged in a broad range of development, engineering, manufacturing and assembly activities providing multidisciplinary subcontracting services to various markets and aerospace programs around the world.
Asco operates from several locations, Belgium, Canada, Germany and USA, with over 1,400 employees and a turnover exceeding 300 million euros.
Asco produces over 2,500 assemblies every month and has the ambition to be a world leader in design and manufacture of high lift devices, complex mechanical assemblies and major functional components for the aerospace industry.
The Bidding Cell Engineer studies requests for quotation in accordance to the indication of the Bidding Cell Manager (priority, context, level of detail...). Analyze, sort/group and file customer’s documents, for an easy retrieval and maintenance.
Compile All ASCO Cost information into an RFQ calculation Model, allowing Price calculation/simulation.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Study all the documents received from the customer and obtain further clarification of needs if necessary :
- Download – Sort – List – Copy files from the customer
- Study all documents – Ask missing Information (open all drawings, extract relevant information about material, size, Bill of Material....)
- Create RFQ file and summarized the findings
Prepare the price split MAKE-BUY in order to ensure that the Asco response is fully in line with the capacities of the company :
- Follow the exchange of information within ASCO and to answer requests for clarification (Specification, quantities...) in order to ensure that the Asco response is fully in line with customer needs
- Get the support from sister companies Asco Germany, Asco Canada and other departments in order to ensure that the Asco response is fully in line with the capacities
- Review RFQ progress with the Bidding Cell Manager
Prepare in colaboration with with the other departmens the cost/workload proposals for all the relevant functional areas of ASCO related to the offer
- Integrate within the cost calculation the required detail level (depending on the commercial information (context): ROM, Transfer of Existing Program, new development…). Assess work involved.
- Get the support from the different ASCO departments in order to validate the cost model of each RFQ. Prepare summaries and overviews of each quotation, simulate different production scheme. Provide the required information in
order to feed financial models (profitability assessment).
Participate to the process of information exchange with sister companies
- Analyze info from sister companies, review production concepts (NRC, RC rates,…), Reference parameters (MRR, Spindle factors…)
- Make proposals in order to standardize calculation method
Industrial EngineerLanguages :
fluent in English, good knowledge of French and/or DutchSkills / Experience :
Industrial Engineer with 5-10 years experience in manufacturing processes (machining, surface treatments, assembly,...)
- Knowledge of industrial processes (CNC understanding, surface treatments, assembly techniques,...)
- Excel technique knowledge
- CATIA basic knowledge
Asco offers a position in a fast growing and changing environment with opportunities to develop yourself. Besides this we offer an interesting salary package with extralegal advantages