Cefic, the European Chemical Industry Council, is both the forum and voice of the European chemical industry. It aims to maintain and develop a prosperous chemical industry in Europe by promoting the best possible economic, social and environmental conditions to bring benefits to society.
The chemical industry is a € 500+ billion industry, providing over 1 million direct jobs and nearly 2.5 million indirect jobs in Europe. The chemical industry is the “Industry of Things”. The industry's products are essential to 95% of everything manufactured: hygiene, health, mobility, construction, computers and electronics all rely on the chemical industry. The sector is also critical to meeting future needs, such as developing energy sources or managing scarce resources. The chemical industry is essential for achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Cefic is located in Brussels to represent the industry vis-à-vis EU institutions and involve member federations and companies in European advocacy. We employ more than 150 people.
To reinforce the Euro Chlor/Halogens Industry Sector, Cefic is actively looking for an enthusiastic (M/F):
Mission of the role:Euro Chlor is looking for a Management Assistant who will provide support to our ESA and EUROFLUOR Sector Groups manager, assisting in daily office needs and managing the general administrative activities of the groups. The Assistant’s responsibilities include making travel and meeting arrangements, supporting communication with members and maintaining appropriate filing systems. The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills, good social skills and be able to organize their work using IT tools, like MS Excel and office equipment.Are you inspired by these responsibilities? You will:
- Provide support for the organisation of (inter)national meetings:
- send out invitations, registration forms and supporting documents to members,
- organise travel & social events,
- follow up on the logistics before, during and after the meeting,
- provide onsite assistance when required, particularly for the ESA General Assembly (twice per year).
- Organise conference calls and web conferences.
- Assist in financial follow-up, preparing and distributing invoices to the membership.
- Maintain internal and external databases to ensure good communication towards the members.
- Archive documents and minutes according to Cefic internal procedures.
- Actively contribute to the activities of the Euro Chlor/Halogens Industry Sector.
Can you make the difference? The successful candidate will be an experienced professional who demonstrates the following experience and competencies:
Required personal qualities:
- A bachelor’s degree in Office Management or similar.
- At least 3 years of working experience as a management assistant or a similar role, experience within a member association is an asset.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Very good knowledge of MS Office tools is indispensable.
- Good computer, web management and social media skills.
- Excellent level of English, written and spoken. Knowledge of other languages is an asset.
- A good team player who is able to work independently.
- Passionate about conscientious work and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and manage different priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to negotiate and resolve conflicts.
- Curious, fast learning and willing to improve continuously.
Are you interested?Please send your application, quoting the reference AEC-01, with full curriculum vitae before 7 June 2019 to Jessica Bart-Williams, HR Assistant, Cefic, Rue Belliard 40, box 15, B-1040 Brussels.E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org