There is a tremendous need to license a vaccine that can prevent and or mitigate future Ebola Zaire outbreaks from dramatic spread. An international consortium aims to address this need of accelerating the development of a prophylactic Ebola vaccine to licensure via the EBOVAC3 project supported by IMI.
The consortium is involved in a Phase 2 study to evaluate the safety, tolerability and immunogenicity of heterologous prime-boost regimens of the vaccine administered to adults, children in 3 age cohorts and HIV+ adolescents. Clinical centres in Sierra Leone, Republic of Guinea and the Democratic Republic of Congo, will enrol HIV+ adolescents, HIV- adolescents and paediatric subjects. Conducting a trial in countries that have experienced a number of filovirus outbreaks prepares the groundwork for response for a future outbreak and indirectly benefits the population at risk.
The aforementioned partners at the UAntwerp are looking for an assistant project manager to join and strengthen their team and conduct the following assignments:
- Assist and support the project team in completing the project.
- Review, assess and evaluate execution of the project on a regular basis.
- Develop project reports on a timely basis.
- Assist in preparing documentation for Senior Project Manager.
- Take on specific initiatives assigned by the Senior Project Manager that improve processes and initiatives to support the overall needs.
- Maintain, manage and document all project reports and statement.
- Assist in project meetings in regard to project status.
- Participate in Team meetings and prepare meeting minutes and action items.
Other Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- You will report to the Senior Project Manager.