A technically skilled Assistant Legal Manager to be part of the in-house legal department and assist the legal team in handling daily legal work and monitoring national legal issues. The Assistant Legal Manager will be preparing draft legal documentation and working to and in support of the Senior Legal Manager.
Your key responsibilities:
- Manage researching, reviewing and monitoring changes in national legislation and general legal issues; assist in reviewing and monitoring all legal issues.
- Manage and/or assist as requested with reviewing and drafting selected legal documents, liaise with parties involved, and prepare the documents required for filing for administrative purposes.
- Cooperate with the other departments by attending team meetings and coordinating weekly or monthly catch up calls.
- Manage and/or assist and support in reviewing legal issues on advertising, contracts, and websites such as competition terms and conditions, protection and use of IP and advising on the use of new supplier forms or bespoke contracts.
- Manage and/or assist and support with drafting all contracts with regards to events, such as photographer licences, entertainment / performer contracts, partnership agreements and assist with new supplier forms.
- Ensure compliance of third party suppliers with contractual obligations under their agreements.
- Support and assist with administrative applications and legal relationships with public entities (i.e. Land Registry, Crossroad Bank of Enterprises, court docket,, etc.).
- Manage and support with the draft and final contractual documentation in conjunction with the other members of the legal team, internal approval forms and circulate documents for signature and receipt back and manage the sign-off procedures.
- Assist the other legal teams with commercial and remerchandising queries.
- Assist with updating the standard documentation and preparing new editions.
- Support the legal team with managing insurable events.
- Support and assist in corporate housekeeping related matters such as managing statutory documents e.g. Articles of Association, board meetings and minutes.
- Support in any issues arising out of bank relationships.
- Monitor trademark and other IP issues.
- Translate documentation where necessary and provide general administrative support.