It all started with the motor over 100 years ago. Makita Corporation was founded in 1915 as an electric motor sales and repair company. Today, as a global brand in over 40 countries, Makita is an innovation leader, manufacturing best-in-class products of power tools at 10 plants operating in 8 countries.
The unmatched quality and durability of Makita products is driven by the company’s strong R&D capabilities, and have earned the trust of professional users worldwide. Every day, on jobsites around the world, Makita delivers the power, performance and durability that professional users demand with products that are more compact, have less vibration and feel better. In view of their worldwide expansion, the company is recruiting on Area Account Manager for Africa.
Area Sales Manager North & West Africa
As their Area Sales Manager Africa you will be responsible for :
- Maintaining and consolidating relationships with existing distributors & dealers in sub-sahara Africa and other regions in Western Africa.
- An active networking who develops potentially new contacts for Makita portfolio
- Providing technical, marketing and sales support to all distributors & dealers and logistic related issues with them.
- Gather, structure and compile answers to respond to all their questions.
- Promoting & demonstrating the full power tools and equipment range of Makita to all market segments.
- Generating growing billings and fine client satisfaction.
- Reporting and sharing information to the Commercial Director in Belgium.
- A proven successful experience in an export or/and sales role.
- Knowledge of tooling, building or construction markets, their structure and habits.
- Affinity or a minimum technical knowledge about tooling or other building materials,…
- Tactical vision combined with an operational approach.
- You are a true autonomous salesman who is able to structure and organise his own work.
- Very customer minded and result oriented mindset and you adapt easily to every kind of contact person.
- Open for 50% travelling in Africa. (15 days a month)
- You have an open scope and you are always looking for a consensus.
- Able to communicate cross functionally with different departments of Makita.
- Bachelor Graduate or equivalent through experience.
- You have a perfect knowledge of French and English (in speech and writing)
Makita offers an interesting position in a healthy and financial strong organisation. You will work for a marketleader who will give you interesting contacts all over Europe and Africa. They offer an attractive salary package with fringe benefits.