The Boortmalt Group is a fully owned subsidiary of Axereal, Europe’s largest grain cooperative. The company is one of the largest industrial malts producers in the world and employs 300 people. From 10 locations in Europe, Boortmalt produces 1.1 million tons of malt per year of which 50% is exported to developing markets outside of Europe. In addition, approximately 50 % of the total European malt export passes through the Port of Antwerp, making Antwerp the malt capital of Europe, and Boortmalt its logistic heart. The customers are large international brewers and distillers as well as smaller local breweries all over the world.
Administrative & Indirect Procurement Manager
- You report to the Boortmalt Group CFO and establish a strong network with internal and external stakeholders.
- You create value for Boortmalt through tendering processes and building relationships with (existing and new) key suppliers.
- You develop and lead the Group’s purchasing strategy for all indirect goods and services, through the management of the group purchasing manager.
- You’re the main point of contact for the legal matters and any insurance covers related to Property and Business Interruption, Liability Cover and/or any other local insurances in cooperation with the AXEREAL Insurance team.
- You act as a first line contact for any administrative request (in legal, insurance or patrimony matters) or dispatch the issue to the appropriate AXEREAL internal department. For complex matters, validation of the concerned AXEREAL department is required.
- You have excellent oral and written communication and negotiation skills in Dutch and English. Knowledge of French is a plus.
- You hold a helicopter-view and are able to work in a fast-paced team environment on multiple projects with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
- You have an excellent knowledge of strategic purchasing processes, financial procedures including price, cost/bid analysis and budget management.
- You have a master’s degree in Business Administration, or equivalent by experience.
- You can count on the cooperation and full support of a management that encourages the personal development of its employees.
- You will be working in a straightforward international company culture where autonomy and initiative are recognized and stimulated. You will get the opportunity to apply your personal approach to the way of working and focus on the job.
- Boortmalt is a global player with an excellent reputation, known for its expertise and its high quality products and services.